Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average cost of wiring New build

Options
  • 01-12-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭

Im currently looking to price first fix wiring for my new build (2200 sq ft - 4 bed). Everything is standard, nothing fancy going into the house. a few recess light in some of the rooms, tv cable needed for 1 bedroom, kitchen and sitting room. (im excluding CAT5 and speaker cable from price). What would an average cost be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Katz83

Hi i dont have an answer to your question but i thinking you are
    Building at the moment and am just wondering are you as far as wiring and if so how much has your build cost you so far. We are building but are just seeing how much it is going to cost us building 2000 square foot house and hoping to get it done for bout 180,000. How much did your roof and slates etc. Trying to get some info so I can do a rough analysis of how much it might cost us.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Golden Ireland

Rate of 50 euro plus vat for double socket/ centre lights is about what I have seen - slightly less for tv and cat 5 cables. Wiring hot press/ cooker might be 100 each. External lights maybe 80/90 quid each.

Best thing to do is go through room by room your requirements - the number of rooms rather than their size tends to drive the cost. you will generally need min 3 sockets per room, more in sitting rooms and kitchen. Also spot light are expensive so if on a budget i'd think twice about them.

At a guess a standard 4 bed 2000 sq ft house might be wired for about 7 grand inc vat

Advertisement