Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Janelle Monae, Tripod, 1st December

Options
  • 01-12-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Anybody have tickets for this tonight? Have no clue how I'm going to get into town but according to the Tripod website it's still going ahead as planned:
    **TONIGHT'S SHOW IS UNAFFECTED BY WEATHER CONDITIONS, AND WILL GO AHEAD AS PLANNED. MS MONAE AND HER TOURING PARTY HAVE ARRIVED IN DUBLIN**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

I'm going! Unbelievably excited! I've been hearing bad things about the state of the ice and snow in Dublin though (travelling from Maynooth later) so I'm pretty worried at the same time :(. As long as the trains don't stop tonight, all should be well...

But getting back onto the topic of Janelle, I hope they do something special 'cause it's her birthday today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I cant get up to the gig :( May have tickets for you. My friend bought them so she may have given them away already.

As far as I know its not sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

Ah sorry I phrased that badly I have tickets myself just wondered how people are planning to get there on account of the weather... Will be absolutely gutted if I miss it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

She was very good at Electric Picnic. I'm surprised there's tickets left. Thought there would be a thread here about it as well before now. Maybe she's not as popular as I thought.

If I was living in Dublin I'll definitely go.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pats22b

I’ve a spare tkt for this if anyone wants it - mate cant make it into town and I’m hanging on after work so if anyone’s interested let me know and they can have it for free.

pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    If I was living in Dublin I'll definitely go.

I'm in Dublin but it doesn't look like there'll be any way for me to get in and out of town safely, the roads and the paths are like glass, no buses running and it's only going to get worse. Absolutely devastated now... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I'm in Dublin but it doesn't look like there'll be any way for me to get in and out of town safely, the roads and the paths are like glass, no buses running and it's only going to get worse. Absolutely devastated now... :(

Ya that's a balls alright. I'd be gutted too. I meant if I was living in Dublin I would have bought a ticket. Obviously nothing you can do about the weather.
    I'm actually coming up on Saturday for The National & Arcade Fire on the Sunday. Hope it thaws out by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

The cons of this evening? my friend got snowed in so i had to go this one alone, it wasn't to be missed.

The pros of this evening? Janelle Monae and her band, fantastic! great set, two encores and what a voice she has! really enjoyed how well the songs worked with a band, brass instruments et al. she's painfully overlooked in the mainstream, but I kind of like it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

Was so glad I made it in last night. Didn't think it would be as packed! Great set, she really has it all: voice, style, moves. I could do without the whole Android thing to be honest. I wish she let a bit more of herself show through. Highly entertaining though. Loved her and the band, very polished!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Great gig last night. Went to Goldfrapp last Friday and was quite disappointed but this was a great night.

Left after Come Alive thinking that was it and even though we missed 'Oh Maker' at least we got the last luas out of town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

I can't describe how amazing she was! Saw her two performances at Electric Picnic but this one last night was a million times more amazing! We were right beside her when she came into the crowd, I kind of touched her hand/mic but then chickened out :o
    I wish she did Violet Stars Happy Hunting and Many Moons 'cause I could've sworn I heard them sound-checking them but all the songs they did play were perfect. I don't think Oh, Maker was even planned at the end 'cause it wasn't on the setlist that I got. We were that good a crowd :p

I hope she comes back again soon!! :D

Advertisement