Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2011

Options
  • 01-12-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Yeah, so, System of a Down and Avenged Sevenfold announced to play!

What are your thaughts on this? Much people thinking of going? Please discuss :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

A good start so far but I need to know more of the lineup before making a decision whether to go or not. It seems the festival organizers tend to trickle out lineup announcements right up to a month or so prior to the event so it will probably be a while until we get a good idea of who's playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

like Freak ..... said really. I would be more concerned with who they have announced as 'not' playing ie 'Ozzy,Van Halen and Jovi' :( i was personally hoping for a couple of them. Next announcement is Mon coming (6th Dec) and i think they will announce 'Soundgarden' as another headliner and ...........Rob Zombie too- as the bbc let that slip :rolleyes: I really enjoyed it this year and next year has alot to live up to..... too much perhaps :( That said i do like 'S.O.A.D' and i love 'A7X' :D

Linkin Park and Rob Zombie confirmed.

Linkin Park not my cup of tea but a confirmation from Ozzy should make up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Linkin Park and Rob Zombie confirmed.

Linkin Park not my cup of tea but a confirmation from Ozzy should make up for it.

Ozzy not playing download, try high voltage fest tomorrow 10am.

Ozzy not playing download, try high voltage fest tomorrow 10am.

Judas Priest and Dream Theater appear to be confirmed as headliners for that. Is Ozzy definitely ruled out for Download?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Thinking about going for the first time. I was at Ozzfest in Punchestown years ago and missed SOAD to see American Head Charge, so don't want to pass them up again. Adding Rob Zombie is another bonus.

What are the odds of Soundgarden playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Judas Priest and Dream Theater appear to be confirmed as headliners for that. Is Ozzy definitely ruled out for Download?

Dayum! I guess that rules out DT for Download :(

I'd love for Tool to headline but not happening!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they got Foo's or will Soni get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was all set for going, then Linkin Park got announced. What a real bummer, won't be purchasing tickets anytime soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Seemingly Foo's were Kerrang radio mentioned that the Foo's are headlining Download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

What are the odds of Soundgarden playing?

According to rumors, they seem to be favored to headline too. I certainly hope so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Raco316

i was going to try to both sonisphere and download but seeing as they are only a month apart now i doubt it.i dont know which one to go too.i say i will wait till a few more bands are announced!ireland really needs a festival like these.screw oxegen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

to be honest neither Download or Sonisphere are really interesting me at the minute - only interest in Sonisphere is the Big4, but I'm not shelling out crazy money for a Fest that I'm only interested in one day of......typical but still unfair for them to be saying they aren't going to sell Day tickets for it to try and sell more weekend tickets....

Download - well, yeah would like to see Rob Zombie, but have seen the others again - would need to know more of the line up before thinging about it........

so far for me I think I'll be hitting High Voltage again and maybe look to see the Big4 elsewhere in Europe.....would be nice if that hit here and added a few bands to make a full day of it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Download's lineup was savage last year I really should have went. I would love to see the Foo Fighters playing, fingers crossed for a couple of other great bands :D

These kinda confirmed themselves

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/buckcherry-member-meets-fans-member-1511

Also i think Pendulum kinda confirmed themselves a week or so ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Download's lineup was savage last year I really should have went. I would love to see the Foo Fighters playing, fingers crossed for a couple of other great bands :D

grohl played download last year with them crooked vultures, interesting people saying soundgarden will headline, stone temple pilots didn't headline last year, then again linkin park are not exactly comparable to ac/dc either

1PW have confirmed they're going to be at Download this year, but check this out it says that during May 27th until June 12th lots of well known American Wrestlers will be here performing for us

They have shows May 27th, May 28th, June 4th and then Download festival

On Download festival it says

''1PW heads to the Download Festival

We already have one American name signed for this event

more info soon''

Check out the photo of who they have already signed up for the May 28th date

163421_186660711345366_172966069381497_685630_6915182_n.jpg

rossie1977 wrote: »
    grohl played download last year with them crooked vultures, interesting people saying soundgarden will headline, stone temple pilots didn't headline last year, then again linkin park are not exactly comparable to ac/dc either

AC said he wanted nothing to do with Soundgarden, just aswell.

Them Crooked Vultures were supposed to be the headliner, only AC/DC decided they wanted to play. They would have been a dreadful headliner...

AC said he wanted nothing to do with Soundgarden, just aswell.

Them Crooked Vultures were supposed to be the headliner, only AC/DC decided they wanted to play. They would have been a dreadful headliner...

As much as like TCV yea it would have been a terrible idea for them to headline since most people wouldnt no there tunes even though the album is pretty decent and they only have 1 album

Are you sure? AC/DC and Them Crooked Vultures were both announced at the same time if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement

just a pity my t-shirt has no mention of Ac/Dc even playing and so gives the impression of TCV as headlining the fri night :mad: all in all it was an excellent weekend/festival with alot of top acts.....they will be hard pushed to match it this year....the next announcement has to be big as so far it hasn't been great imo

baz123 wrote: »
    just a pity my t-shirt has no mention of Ac/Dc even playing and so gives the impression of TCV as headlining the fri night :mad:o

Yeah, that was a joke... how AC/DC went about distancing themselves away from the festivities last year was laughable. Was it really necessary to construct a second stage, exclusively for AC/DC? I've seen artists with similar large-scale stage productions headline festivals.

Funny how in this case the unofficial Download t-shirts (those bought outside the venue, which included the AC/DC logo) were more authentic than the official t-shirts with no mention of AC/DC!

Andy copping actually said when asked about how difficult it was getting the dc to play download 'it wasn't hard getting them to play.....just difficult to deal with them' (or something along those lines-not the exact quote) but you get the message. Band of the weekend for me were 'Rage' feckin awesome :)

Are you sure? AC/DC and Them Crooked Vultures were both announced at the same time if I remember correctly.

They were both in the first announcement yes, but when he was drawing it up the friday headliner was going to be TCV, he had asked every year and didn't expect them to say yes.

And then they ran out of money and that's why STP were subbing and 36 crazyfists were 4th from top on main stage and that kind of thing.

Yeah, that was a joke... how AC/DC went about distancing themselves away from the festivities last year was laughable. Was it really necessary to construct a second stage, exclusively for AC/DC? I've seen artists with similar large-scale stage productions headline festivals.

Funny how in this case the unofficial Download t-shirts (those bought outside the venue, which included the AC/DC logo) were more authentic than the official t-shirts with no mention of AC/DC!

I was so annoyed about those shirts! I marched back outside and paid £5 for a fake one.

They were both in the first announcement yes, but when he was drawing it up the friday headliner was going to be TCV, he had asked every year and didn't expect them to say yes.

And then they ran out of money and that's why STP were subbing and 36 crazyfists were 4th from top on main stage and that kind of thing.
    i'd say Aerosmith took a fair bit of their budget. Thats why Van halen are not a very realistic possibility........they command huge money

baz123 wrote: »
    i'd say Aerosmith took a fair bit of their budget. Thats why Van halen are not a very realistic possibility........they command huge money

Probably not worth it for the appeal they have in the uk these days.

Yeah, the arena opened later on the Friday and less acts played compared to the other two days. Would have been extremely surprised if Them Crooked Vultures were the eventual headliner although they probably would have beefed up the day with more bands if AC/DC had rejected their offer.

Yeah, the arena opened later on the Friday and less acts played compared to the other two days. Would have been extremely surprised if Them Crooked Vultures were the eventual headliner although they probably would have beefed up the day with more bands if AC/DC had rejected their offer.

I was seriously underwhelmed with TCV. If i could go back i wouldn't have bothered, would have gone to see DSHS or JFAC instead, I just wanted to see Mr Jones really. :P

• Advertisement

Probably not worth it for the appeal they have in the uk these days.
    Big time. So who do you reckon will headline the Sunday? Classic rock day

Advertisement