Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

baz123 wrote: »
    Big time. So who do you reckon will headline the Sunday? Classic rock day

I don't really know, there was a lot of talk of cutting classic rock sunday, and i reckon they should if it just starts to get a bit naff, like what was with cinderella last year?

I want to know where tool are though? They must be around somewhere this summer. But Sytem, linkin park, tool is not a very diverse line up, so i don't think it's tool.

I think if they had van halen it would be announced by now though and now i can't think of anymore classic rock bands :o

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Isn't Maynard back with APC though? One thing is for sure with Soni uk after announcing the big 4 Download gotta step it up. They have only announced 4 bands so far. Have you seen the line ups for Graspop and Wacken already? No comparrison

Yeah But Tool have written their album and have dates for this year.

Yeah download's is poor this year, Linkin Park was a bad, bad booking and System i don't think made quite the splash they were hoping for.

I'm not actually going this year anyway, So i hope tool do a tour instead! So i'm stuck with smelly oxegen.... oh well. Better than nothing.

Yeah But Tool have written their album and have dates for this year.

Yeah download's is poor this year, Linkin Park was a bad, bad booking and System i don't think made quite the splash they were hoping for.

I'm not actually going this year anyway, So i hope tool do a tour instead! So i'm stuck with smelly oxegen.... oh well. Better than nothing.
    Oxegen??? I will say nothing out of respect man ha ha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I was so annoyed about those shirts! I marched back outside and paid £5 for a fake one.

Was it a proper march, a german gookstep march or just an amble??

As for DC, they took the piss a bit, not only did they insist on not being on any official Download merchandise, the also had it written into there contract that no other band be allowed to play on site at the same time as them, hence all other stages finishing up by 8.30pm!!

To all intents and purposes, Friday was not download, it was a seperate AC/DC gig

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »

As for DC, they took the piss a bit, not only did they insist on not being on any official Download merchandise, the also had it written into there contract that no other band be allowed to play on site at the same time as them, hence all other stages finishing up by 8.30pm!!

To all intents and purposes, Friday was not download, it was a seperate AC/DC gig

It was a proper march until i got lost, then i just ambled back to the car park.

Oh yeah it was totally an AC/DC gig with some cool support. Would have prefered they had just played the stadiums again. Saturday and Sunday felt more 'festivally' aswell. (I didn't want to say festive)

scudzilla wrote: »

Yep,this is true-cept i did enjoy Coheed and Bullet on the 2nd stage also:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yeah, that was a joke... how AC/DC went about distancing themselves away from the festivities last year was laughable. Was it really necessary to construct a second stage, exclusively for AC/DC? I've seen artists with similar large-scale stage productions headline festivals.

Funny how in this case the unofficial Download t-shirts (those bought outside the venue, which included the AC/DC logo) were more authentic than the official t-shirts with no mention of AC/DC!

Agreed sure look at Rammstein or Kiss during the summer? They have a pretty big stage rig but there was no second stage for everyone else. Would love if Foo's got announced even though ill be seeing them in Milton Keynes and Oxegen but 3 is the magic number :). Hoping to get over to it this year

Agreed sure look at Rammstein or Kiss during the summer? They have a pretty big stage rig but there was no second stage for everyone else. Would love if Foo's got announced even though ill be seeing them in Milton Keynes and Oxegen but 3 is the magic number :). Hoping to get over to it this year

Neither of those had the big thingy going down the middle of the crowd. If AC/DC hadn't brough their own stage everybody would have been complaing that they didn't get the full AC/DC experience anyway.

Neither of those had the big thingy going down the middle of the crowd. If AC/DC hadn't brough their own stage everybody would have been complaing that they didn't get the full AC/DC experience anyway.

True but the walk way could have been constructed for them then taking down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭keith gallagher

SOAD would be savage, would love to see Korn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

1PW have confirmed they're going to be at Download this year

The only wrestler I know from their permanent roster is Steve Corino from ECW

His abuse of Fred Durst still remains, for me, a highlight of that time....Go to 3.42 in this video to see him abuse Limp Bizkit in ECW and then get his ass handed to him by a steel chair

Buckcherry have confirmed they will be playing at both Sonisphere and Download festivals in the UK this summer.

Speaking to Rhythm magazine, the band's drummer Xavier Muriel confirmed the news.

Muriel also said the band would do their own UK tour at around the same time. "We're back in the UK in June for Download and Sonisphere and I think we'll do a club tour while we're back here," he said.

Download Festival takes place on June 10-12 at Donington Park, while Sonisphere takes place from July 8-10 at Knebworth Park

At least its confirmed for the second time ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I want to go for Avenged Sevenfold, but I don't have that much interest in Linkin Park or SOAD, so at the moment it's not worth the money... Wish they'd hurry up with announcing the rest!

From ac's twitter just now

Guess what? There's going to be an announcement of a chunk of Download bands next week, over 10! I hope you like them...I think they're cool

to add

There's going to be a mix of everything in the announcement...in true Download style...something for everyone...old, new, borrowed & blue!!

Cheers for the update man. They would really wanna get their finger out cos they are way behind the competition. This time last year they had confirmed more than a dozen bands and i had my ticket bought on the strenght of them alone. And something tells me by his (a.c) wording.... next weeks announcement is not gonna be huge. Pity as i really did enjoy last years. Will be looking further afield this time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

I have my ticket anyway & flights booked :) Really looking forward to seeing SOAD and Linkin Park were awesome at Sonisphere when they played so happy days as far as I'm concerned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm guessing the last headliner will be Ozzy Osbourne, seeing as he's doing the festival circuit and Sonisphere have booked all their headliners.

:( very dissappointing though! I am still hoping for Soundgarden!

I'm assuming the final headliner will be one of the ten announcements next week? I'm hoping for someone impressive, it's a pretty crap line up so far :(

• Advertisement

He is revealing the bands on Monday and its gonna be 14 bands.

The Cult also confirmed themselves for Download and Isle Of Wight at a gig last night

EDIT: Its now 20 bands
    Maverick_AC Andy Copping
    Actually it's 20 bands being announced next week...wowzer! #DL2011

Gallows have self confirmed

180332_193031264042543_100000070122819_724576_3411401_n.jpg

Also apparently these guys confirmed themselves to be play via Twitter

Also robbed this off the efestivals site about who will prob get announced tomorrow
    Alter Bridge - playing fests around Download, Andy said Miles Kennedy would be back
    Pendulum - Rob from the group self confirmed on twitter, Andy gave his news to me ho hum [meaning they're playing] remark
    The Cult - self confirmed at Bristol gig, Andy has seen given in on twitter and said yes they're playing
    Wolfmother - said they'd be be back in Europe for the dates they pulled out of in 2010, Andy said news to me... likely but not 100%
    Korn - playing fests around Download, haven't been announced for Soni and Andy AGAIN did his news to me on twitter when asked
    Skunk Anansie - self confirmed at a gig, played Soni last year
    Skindred - Have been telling people they're playing this year, word of mouth only this one
    Buckcherry - self confirmed, everywhere.
    Papa Roach - Told people on the last UK tour they'll be playing Download
    Rock Sugar - They and Andy have both siad they'll be back this year, might not be announced tomorrow
    Bring Me The Horizon - Andy basically said they'll be playing although they might not be announced yet due to their tour
    Gaslight Anthem - Andy said he would book them for Download this year, and they have since been announced for Rock AM Ring, looking very likely
    Social Distortion - Playing fests all around Download, and seem like they would be a very popular choice
    Gallows confirmed on this link here http://www.facebook....070122819%C2%A0
    The Damned Things Scott Ian self confirmed on twitter

Those are the ones that look like 90% gunna be announced tomorrow. Maybe not BMTH yet due to tour. But that could easily be just over half the announcement. Would we be happy? I would, although a Queens of the Stone Age, Weezer or Black Label Society would be awesome, BLS are more likely for a future announcement however if they're playing due to their Feb tour

1.Alice Cooper
    2.Alter Bridge
    3.Black Veil Brides
    4.Buckcherry
    5.Bullet For My Valentine
    6.Clutch
    7.The Cult
    8.The Damned Things
    9.Danzig
    10.Escape The Fate
    11.FM
    12.The Gaslight Anthem
    13.GWAR
    14.Hollywood Undead
    15.Masters of Reality
    16.Mr Big
    17.Pendulum
    18.Rise To Remain
    19.Korn
    20.Sacred Mother Tongue
    Apparently leaked on Classic Rock Magazine site but was taken down

Bullet For My Valentine, Alice Cooper, Alter Bridge, Danzig, The Cult, Gaslight Anthem, Hollywood Undead, Thin Lizzy, Buckcherry, Black Veil Brides, The Damned Things, Escape The Fate, Clutch, Mr Big, GWAR and FM, Masters Of Reality and Rise To Remain.

Dont know how many of them are on that leaked list, but they have all just been confirmed on Zane Lowe's radio show :) Have to say I'm only interested in BFMV out of all them, but still, yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Clutch!! Oh yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only interested in clutch and masters of reality. Rest is fairly pants, they'd be main bands i wanna see, then system and kinda alice cooper. Has double the bands of soni yet wanna see half the amount i wanna see there so feel justified now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I dunno bout Download this year, the latest announcement ain't doing anything for me. Won't go for the whole weekend, but I would love to get a ticket for the friday just to see System of a Down. I'll just have to wait now and see if day tickets become available, or blow my money on a weekend pass to Sonisphere

They will both end up being deadly festivals at the end of the day! Interesting there was no ozzy announcement and alice cooper is playing! I am holding out hope for soundgarden as the 3rd headliner. Chris Cornell was fantastic at download 2009 fingers crossed he promised to come back with soundgarden then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow, so far not one band that would make me really want to go. So far, I'd only be very interested in System of a Down and Alice Cooper. Pendulum, Rob Zombie and Danzig I'd be mildly interested in. Korn are good live but I've seen them enough times before. And no longer interested in Avenged Sevenfold since Mike Portnoy got the boot.

So now definitely looking like a return to Graspop this summer.

• Advertisement

Alive cooper and system clashing sucks. Korn subbing second stage is a suprised though, they have subbed mainstage and headlined second stage before.

Advertisement