Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Alive cooper and system clashing sucks. Korn subbing second stage is a suprised though, they have subbed mainstage and headlined second stage before.

Apparently they requested that spot so as not to clash with the headliner. Wonder who it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Great announcement. If the next headliner is good im tempted to go now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Mushy wrote: »
    Apparently they requested that spot so as not to clash with the headliner. Wonder who it is.
    dragonforce? :p

dragonforce? :p

A bunch of rappers?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Great announcement. If the next headliner is good im tempted to go now
    I gotta agree...there are about a dozen bands outta the new announcement that i would have interest in seeing. Put them beside 'System,Avenged and Rob Zombie' and its looking gooooodddd :D Then you add to that a rockin 3rd headliner and a couple more good acts and its very impressive. AC just might have saved the day when it was looking oh so bleak :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for my Valentine are enough to really make me want to go. I also have a bit of interest in Linkin Park, and mild interest in Pendulum and SOAD.

But there is a chance Avenged may come back to Ireland this year, and if that happens, I'd really only be going for BFMV.. Much as I love them I don't really have the money to go to another country to see them..

So I'd say the 3rd headliner will decide it. Isn't there always an older act as a headliner, like AC/DC last year?

Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for my Valentine are enough to really make me want to go. I also have a bit of interest in Linkin Park, and mild interest in Pendulum and SOAD.

But there is a chance Avenged may come back to Ireland this year, and if that happens, I'd really only be going for BFMV.. Much as I love them I don't really have the money to go to another country to see them..

So I'd say the 3rd headliner will decide it. Isn't there always an older act as a headliner, like AC/DC last year?
    An older act???? lol ha ha :D well recent years have show the Sunday to be 'Classic Rock Day' and it would make sense to appeal to those fans (me being one) Soundgarden perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Alive cooper and system clashing sucks. Korn subbing second stage is a suprised though, they have subbed mainstage and headlined second stage before.

I wouldn't panic yet about clashes. Running orders can change up to the day of the gig. Don't read too much into the poster layout

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A Predicted Line up from E-festivals. Good shout bar Stone Sour
    ibOs1g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Would totally die of hapiness if soundgarden play :D I see efestivals have taken bon jovi down as a rumor which is a good sign for soudgarden. Skunk Anansie would be deadly too as they were fantastic at sonisphere last year!

If that was the line up then a happy person I would be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Looks like Ozzy is ruled out as he has gigs booked the weekend of Download. Makes Soundgarden more possible.

baz123 wrote: »
    An older act???? lol ha ha :D well recent years have show the Sunday to be 'Classic Rock Day' and it would make sense to appeal to those fans (me being one) Soundgarden perhaps?

Well yeah that's what I meant haha :o Soundgarden wouldn't be bad at all!

Very Weak Sat mainstage line up compared to last year. Or even compared to this years 'Graspop' ie 'Disturbed, Whitesnake, Judas Priest and Ozzy Osbourne' all on one stage! Download can look on in awe ha ha

Kerrang have confirmed that Limp Bizkit are playing a UK festival this year, but they aren't saying which one.

I wonder is Download likely? Personally, I would be delighted :D

Kerrang have confirmed that Limp Bizkit are playing a UK festival this year, but they aren't saying which one.

I wonder is Download likely? Personally, I would be delighted :D

Download 2009, R+L 2010...maybe Sonisphere turn (although did they do that last year?)

Be a festival band I wanna see anyway, good fun.

Download 2009, R+L 2010...maybe Sonisphere turn (although did they do that last year?)

Be a festival band I wanna see anyway, good fun.

They did Soni same year as Download. What about TITP ? Since what other big festival would suit them? without repeating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

They could do Sonisphere, Oxegen and TITP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

LB could play as many festivals as they want.

It's only the Headliners and other big names who have it written into there contract that they're not allowed to play at any other festivals that year. (Which is the main reason Metallica played a secret set on the Sunday Afternoon on 2nd stage at Download in 03, they were already contracted to do Reading so were unable to advertise any other UK appearances)

Robbed from efests

download112.jpg

UNKNOWN DAY

GWAR
    CLUTCH
    BUCKCHERRY
    HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD
    THE DAMNED THINGS
    MASTERS OF REALITY
    RISE TO REMAIN
    BLACK VEIL BRIDES
    ESCAPE THE FATE- playing Main Stage
    MR BIG

TBC

WOLFMOTHER [Andrew Stockdale self confirmed on twitter to make up for missing 2010]
    FRANK TURNER self confirmed on facebook http://www.facebook....d_comment_reply

SELF CONFIRMATIONS -
    WORD OF MOUTH/HAVEN'T SEEN CONFIRMATION MYSELF

SKUNK ANANSIE - TBC [SELF CONFIRMED AT GIG]
    PAPA ROACH [self confirmed at autograph signing on taste of chaos tour]
    SKINDRED [word of mouth self confirmation, but it was likely they'd be playing, did Soni last year]
    ROCK SUGAR [AC said they'd be back in 2011]

STRONG RUMOUR

ASKING ALEXANDRA [playing Nova Rock, Download are promoting their tour]
    BRING ME THE HORIZON [Playing Rock AM Ring, AC hinted they're playing on twitter, but said they have something else to announce first]

RUMOUR

WHITESNAKE [playing UK week following Download, new album out, could still not be playing but as of now its a SR]
    WEEZER [AC said on twitter they would work well with the download crowd]
    BLACK LABEL SOCIETY [playing hellfest]
    THE SCORPIONS [playing hellfest]
    OPETH [playing hellfest]
    VOLBEAT [playing Rock AM Ring and Nova Rock]
    SICK OF IT ALL [playing Southside and Nova Rock and Greenfields]
    LACUNA COIL [playing Greenfields]
    GOOD CHARLOTTE [On Kerrang Tour, most of past acts usually play]
    FOUR YEAR STRONG [On Kerrang Tour, most of past acts usually play]
    FRAMING HANLEY [On Kerrang Tour, most of past acts usually play]
    THE WONDER YEARS [On Kerrang Tour, most of past acts usually play]
    SUM 41 [said they'll be back in Europe to make up for cancelling due to drummers broken arm last year, doesn't mean that Download will fit their touring plans however]
    FLOGGING MOLLY [playing Greenfield]
    BLOOD RED SHOES [playing Dauwpop in Holland week before Download]
    THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER [playing Metaltown and Hellfest week after Download]
    COMEBACK KID [playing numerous festivals at download time, might not be free to play]
    IGGY AND THE STOOGES [playing Saturday at IOW]
    JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS [playing Friday night at IOW]
    THE HIVES [playing Southside/Hurricane week after download]
    GOGOL BORDELLO [playing Southside/Hurricane week after download]
    SUICIDE SILENCE [playing Graspop two weeks after download, confirmed for Greenfield now]
    KYUSS LIVES [playing Azkena Rock festival in Spain]
    MADINA LAKE New album out, want to strongly promote it, played Soni 2010
    BLACK TIDE New album out, last played Download 3 years ago, time for a return?
    ALL THAT REMAINS Self confirmed for Rock AM Ring
    SIMPLE PLAN announced for Rock AM Ring
    SOCIAL DISTORTION announced for Rock AM Ring and Nova Rock
    THE DEAD LAY WAITING added as rumour due to link on page 9, saying they want to play
    TIMES OF GRACE Playing Nova Rock DL weekend
    DISTURBED playing Greenfield festival download weekend
    LIMP BIZKIT kerrang says playing UK fests, news coming soon, efests added them as Main Stage Sunday.
    new additions
    HARDCORE SUPERSTAR announced for swedenrock
    MORBID ANGEL announced for swedenrock
    MONSTER MAGNET announced for Hellfest in France, week after Download
    CAVALERA CONSPIRACY announced for Hellfest in France, week after Download
    APOCALYPTICA announced for Hellfest in France, week after Download
    MUNICIPAL WASTE announced for Hellfest in France, week after Download
    UFO announced for Hellfest in France, week after Download
    MAXIMUM THE HORMONE announced for Hellfest in France, week after Download
    ARCHITECTS announced for Hellfest in France, week after Download
    MESHUGGAH announced for Hellfest in France, week after Download

• Advertisement

That seems like the rumour round-up on download forums. Hope few of those rumours end up at soni though for my own sake.

scudzilla wrote: »
    LB could play as many festivals as they want.

It's only the Headliners and other big names who have it written into there contract that they're not allowed to play at any other festivals that year. (Which is the main reason Metallica played a secret set on the Sunday Afternoon on 2nd stage at Download in 03, they were already contracted to do Reading so were unable to advertise any other UK appearances)

Limp bizkit was advertised as an exclusive appearance at r and l last year.

1PW Invades Download

Matches So Far!

1st Match for 1PW - Goes To Download Is - Davey Richards Vs Kris Travis [Sunday 12th June]
    ...2nd Match for 1PW - Goes To Download is - Davey Richards Vs Colt Cabana [Saturday 11th Of June]
    3rd Match for 1PW - Goes To Download is Kevin 7 Thorn vs Jimmy Havoc [Friday 10th of June]
    4th Match for 1PW - Goes To Download is The Reunion Of Team Shag Vs Fight Club [Thursday 9th June]
    5th Match for 1PW - Goes To Download is Mordecai Vs Kris Travis [Wednesday 8th of June]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

1PW Invades Download

Matches So Far!

1st Match for 1PW - Goes To Download Is - Davey Richards Vs Kris Travis [Sunday 12th June]
    ...2nd Match for 1PW - Goes To Download is - Davey Richards Vs Colt Cabana [Saturday 11th Of June]
    3rd Match for 1PW - Goes To Download is Kevin 7 Thorn vs Jimmy Havoc [Friday 10th of June]
    4th Match for 1PW - Goes To Download is The Reunion Of Team Shag Vs Fight Club [Thursday 9th June]
    5th Match for 1PW - Goes To Download is Mordecai Vs Kris Travis [Wednesday 8th of June]

WTF is all this???

WTF is all this???

Football pitch in the village?

WTF is all this???

1PW are a English wrestling company that is coming to Download over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Wrestling Co?

FFS: how about some decent Thrash/ Trad / Prog / Power / Black / Viking Metal, it is a music festival after all.

It's becoming a pain in the arse all this waiting for announcements. There's a recession on and some punters might only be able to afford one festival.

Wrestling Co?

FFS: how about some decent Thrash/ Trad / Prog / Power / Black / Viking Metal, it is a music festival after all.

It's becoming a pain in the arse all this waiting for announcements. There's a recession on and some punters might only be able to afford one festival.

In fairness they've announced loads of bands and 3rd headliner is being announced on the 23rd. It's not that bad.

I always notice festivals like to announce their main bands immediately after a tour, or soon after at least. Soni did it with Biffy this year. Well guess who has a tour finishing on the 22nd, a day before the announcement?

My Chemical Romance! Organiser has also defended them multiple times over last 2 months, saying they are now bigger than when they headlined last time. I can't look beyond them as headliner.

• Advertisement

I always notice festivals like to announce their main bands immediately after a tour, or soon after at least. Soni did it with Biffy this year. Well guess who has a tour finishing on the 22nd, a day before the announcement?

My Chemical Romance! Organiser has also defended them multiple times over last 2 months, saying they are now bigger than when they headlined last time. I can't look beyond them as headliner.

Well if MCR do play then i shall be at Pendulum and not worrying about missing someone good . Are MCR any bigger since the Black Parade?

Advertisement