Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

From Kerrang
    Download are set to unveil a whole host of new additions to this year's festival bill with not one, but two announcements this week.

The first announcement will be at 12:20AM tomorrow morning, while the second - which will include the festival's third headliner - will be in this week's Kerrang! magazine, out on Wednesday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Trash Talk, Twisted Sister and Duff McKagan’s Loaded are the latest bands to be revealed for Download 2011. Source - Metalhammer

Edit also Down announced

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Trash Talk, Twisted Sister and Duff McKagan’s Loaded are the latest bands to be revealed for Download 2011. Source - Metalhammer

Edit also Down announced
    how many of those 4 were in that poster you had up?

baz123 wrote: »
    how many of those 4 were in that poster you had up?

Eh cant remember . I think none actually

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That poster was a fake, DEF LEPPARD are headlining the Friday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Def Leppard, sorted, I'm off to Download

Em anyone know if they do Day Tickets?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bring me the horizon
    Disturbed
    Madina lake
    All that remains
    Turisas
    The devil wears prada
    Cheap trick
    Black stone cherry
    Asking alexandria
    Sacred mother tounge
    Jameson raid
    Ghost
    Straight line stitch
    The king blues
    Bowling for soup
    Frank Turner

Latest additions this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Raco316

There were more additions today.
    They are Bring Horizon, Madina Lake, Disturbed, The King Blues, Frank Turner, Bowling for Soup, All That Remains, Turisas, The Devil Wears Prada, Cheap Trick, Black Stone Cherry, Asking Alexandria, Sacred Mother Tongue, Jameson Raid, Ghost and Straight Line Stitch

Kinda glad I didn't get a Download ticket, only 8 bands out of all announced so far that I would wanna see =/

I'm sort of hoping Def Leppard's day will be Classic Rock

Cheap Trick, Duff McKagan, Mr Big, Thin Lizzy and Alice Cooper would make the perfect support to the masters of Hysteria

I'd also love to see Bowling For Soup on the Friday as well but I'd be very lucky to get all those acts on the same day!

• Advertisement

Taken from 2009 this footage includes the standing ovation given to Rick Allen

I'm sort of hoping Def Leppard's day will be Classic Rock

Cheap Trick, Duff McKagan, Mr Big, Thin Lizzy and Alice Cooper would make the perfect support to the masters of Hysteria

I'd also love to see Bowling For Soup on the Friday as well but I'd be very lucky to get all those acts on the same day!

Alice Cooper clashes with SOAD. Alter Bridge, Korn, Pendulum, Danzig are on Friday anyway.

Fest has 12 bands I'd see, with maybe 2 I'm mad to see. Rest are just casual bands. Poor headliner choices.

Frank Turner
    Just announced! I'll be headlining the third stage at this year's Download Festival. Hell yeah!

Frank Turner
    Just announced! I'll be headlining the third stage at this year's Download Festival. Hell yeah!
    He was great supportting Green Day in Wembley!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Def bla bla....what a disappointment of a headliner!

I have to say the line up is pretty piss poor this year, it reeks of 09 all over again(except alot poorer).

Each to their own I guess but its Soni for me this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Frank Turner

That's a great 3rd stage headliner.

But overall the line up is poo this year. It would seem not increasing the ticket price cut AC's budget.

Mushy wrote: »
    Alice Cooper clashes with SOAD. Alter Bridge, Korn, Pendulum, Danzig are on Friday anyway.

I don't like the headline choices in general but being a huge Def Leppard fan I love the Friday night choice selfishly

I'll be happy enough with the day ticket:D

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

very poor line up this year imo. glad im booked for soni.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I like Def Leppard but as a headliner...pretty disappointing. Touring on the back of a live album and they only headlined the festival two years ago. I wouldn't have expected them again so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Have to say quite the dissapointing line up alright. Not a single headliner i'd be interested in really (def leppard being the only one i'd have a mild interest in). To go from AC/DC, Aerosmith and Rage to this is pretty bad. Sonisphere certainly has the superior line up this year imo

• Advertisement

I still think Download has a better Line Up then Soni. I no Def Leppard headlined 2 years ago but Slipknot only headlined download 2 years ago and is playing Soni.

The only reason i would go to Sonis for Weezer/Biffy/Limp Bizkit

The only reason i would go to Sonis for Weezer/Biffy/Limp Bizkit

Its personal opinion but...the only reason I would goto Download(this year) is for SOAD....and.....well ya...SOAD!
    Thats it!

HBK wrote: »
    Its personal opinion but...the only reason I would goto Download(this year) is for SOAD....and.....well ya...SOAD!
    Thats it!

Does it bother anyone that SOAD, having been on hiatus since 2006, aren't releasing an album to coincide with these dates and haven't really done a lot of press either. They've been almost as quiet as during their hiatus leading up to this event.

Does it bother anyone that SOAD, having been on hiatus since 2006, aren't releasing an album to coincide with these dates and haven't really done a lot of press either. They've been almost as quiet as during their hiatus leading up to this event.
    I hear they are due to announce American dates for late April / May soon . . .

I hear they are due to announce American dates for late April / May soon . . .

That wouldn't give a lot of time for ticket sales if they're announced even next week as we're almost into March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I know i should be, but they could release ten more albums and i'm still going to be roaring for sugar and BYOB.

As regards the Def Leppard/Slipknot thing. It's not really the same when they headline a different festival 2 years later, like Linkin Park played Sonisphere 2 years ago and have toured the Uk since even then. Whereas at least Slipknot, Metallica (Exc Belfast) and Def Leppard have been off the live scene for a couple of years.

And even though Def Leppard have a bigger legacy and all that Slipknot are the bigger deal this summer at least.

That wouldn't give a lot of time for ticket sales if they're announced even next week as we're almost into March
    I've been noticing lately the time frame between show announcements with tickets going on sale and the actual show (particularly in the US) has been getting less and less. Latest example being Avenged Sevenfold's Welcome to The Family tour: It was only announced last week and the first date of it is April 22nd

Fan Forum Update Thing

dlposter111.jpg

Evile, Versaemerge, Pretty Reckless, Puddle of Mudd, Suicide Silence, Your Demise, Times of Grace added today.

Nothing that would make me urgently buy a ticket, par for the course really.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Puddle of Mudd added today.

Ah people were only on here recently asking what happened to them! I will admit a guilty pleasure and would like to see them, as I never have, but...alas...like you say Mushy!

Advertisement