Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah which is annoying as i did have intentions of going. But as much as I would like to see quite a few bands, they dont make me want to buy a ticket. All filler, no killer (bar SOAD)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/download/2011/

I like the fact that all of my favourite bands will be on on Friday so just a Day Ticket for me then!:)

The line up on Friday would make me spend my money on them and go for a day but otherwise I wouldn't bother

The Darkness
    Funeral For A Friend
    Plain white T's
    Kvelertak
    Hyro Da Hero
    Framing Hanley

These added today!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Get Yer Hands Offa My Woman .....Mother.....****......eeerrrrrr :D

I love how on the Download Forums announcements bit, it says 'Permission to Land at Download'....with the quality of that announcement I would've said 'One Way ticket To Hell'.

• Advertisement

One way ticket to download and back :D

Ah yeah The Darkness would be good. But Opeth and Mars Volta for Soni. Plain White T's is a bizarre booking....they barely fir in with the Saturday at Soni let alone Download.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully we get a small warm up tour from Darkness maybe Academy? then Olympia when album comes out

Now your talking man :D that would be epic

The Darkness in the Academy would be great. Highly unlikely.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Plain White T's is a bizarre booking....they barely fir in with the Saturday at Soni let alone Download.

I don't know what they're playing at with that one, waste of everyone's time

So whats the lineup for the Fri? 'Thin Lizzy, Black Stone Cherry, Alter Bridge, The Darkness and Def Leppard' on the main stage and 'Pendelum, Korn, Danzig and Duff McKagans Loaded' also in action ????

baz123 wrote: »
    So whats the lineup for the Fri? 'Thin Lizzy, Black Stone Cherry, Alter Bridge, The Darkness and Def Leppard' on the main stage and 'Pendelum, Korn, Danzig and Duff McKagans Loaded' also in action ????

Main Stage
    Def Leppard
    The Darkness
    Alter Bridge
    Black Stone Cherry
    Thin Lizzy
    Puddle of Mudd
    Duff McKagans Loaded

Other Stage
    Pendulum
    Korn
    Bring Me The Horizon
    The Damned Things

Third Stage
    Danzig
    Times Of Grace
    FM
    Asking Alexandria

The only thing that bothers me about that is that a former member of GNR would have to go underneath Puddle of Mudd....POM, whether or not they deserve to even be on the Main Stage, should at least open....anything more is forgetting how absent they've been in Europe for the past 8 years

Cheers man :D on this...i will be going :D

baz123 wrote: »
    Cheers man :D on this...i will be going :D

I'll see ya there:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Main Stage
    Def Leppard
    The Darkness
    Alter Bridge
    Black Stone Cherry
    Thin Lizzy
    Puddle of Mudd
    Duff McKagans Loaded

Other Stage
    Pendulum
    Korn
    Bring Me The Horizon
    The Damned Things

Third Stage
    Danzig
    Times Of Grace
    FM
    Asking Alexandria

The only thing that bothers me about that is that a former member of GNR would have to go underneath Puddle of Mudd....POM, whether or not they deserve to even be on the Main Stage, should at least open....anything more is forgetting how absent they've been in Europe for the past 8 years

Main Stage is quite epic but would really wanna see Times Of Grace , Damned Things and Pendulum

Flights bought with Ryanair at .....44 euro return (no taxes at the min) SWWEEEETTTTT

I'll see ya there:D
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

What flights you on? I am heading thursday morning back monday morning :D might see ya on the plane!!

Fi H wrote: »
    What flights you on? I am heading thursday morning back monday morning :D might see ya on the plane!!
    heading out at 4pm on the thursday and back on the sat at 2pm....just doing the fri this year...doing a day at Graspop also :D

• Advertisement

wont be seeing ya so! i am going for the whole thing :) doing sonisphere too!
    cant wait! this sunny weather has me in festival mode!

Fi H wrote: »
    wont be seeing ya so! i am going for the whole thing :) doing sonisphere too!
    cant wait! this sunny weather has me in festival mode!
    you'll enjoy it man...i done the whole thing last year and it was awesome...as well as Sonisphere uk and Poland (the 1st big 4) and they were all excellent :D hope we get the weather :)

hA HA for sure I will :) sounds like we were doing the same tour last year. i did download, sonis uk, poland & switzerland :D Its a pity all the sonis stuff is earlier this year or i would deffo have done another one! going to do electric picnic instead and chill out for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

holy s**t

saw the bill for this years download looks great ,the thing that caught my eye most is danzig are on it ,i would kill to see them live .its been a very long time since they where here or in the uk.cant make the download unfortunaly .
    would be awesome if they would come over here after download

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/2011/index.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

:confused:

That whole line up is my perfect nightmare to be honest.

The only bands on that whole bill I'd like to see would be Down, Clutch, Danzig and Kvelertak.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Darkness, Puddle of Mudd, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, Disturbed, Bowling For Soup, Bring me The Horizon, Children of Bodom, Funderal For a Friend...holy crap, I can't believe they have so many annoying bands in one place at one time. I would rather eat a bag of nails.

Maybe the power of Rush will blow them all out to sea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

o1s1n wrote: »
    The Darkness, Puddle of Mudd, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, Bullet for my Valentine, Disturbed, Bowling For Soup, Bring me The Horizon, Children of Bodom, Funderal For a Friend...holy crap, I can't believe they have so many annoying bands in one place at one time. I would rather eat a bag of nails.

Maybe the power of Rush will blow them all out to sea :D

I was wondering where you were going with that. Well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

hmm i think i got a bit exceited about danzing and didnt really look close .

id olny like to see danzig ,biohazard (seen them in dublin last time very memorable gig) ,rob zombie (for the 3rd time this year) twisted sister and gwar

and why the f**k are pendulum on the bill theyre rave not metal and ****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

hmm i think i got a bit exceited about danzing and didnt really look close .

id olny like to see danzig ,biohazard (seen them in dublin last time very memorable gig) ,rob zombie (for the 3rd time this year) twisted sister and gwar

and why the f**k are pendulum on the bill theyre rave not metal and ****
    They're not rave. They're drum n' bass and "Electronic Rock", and they have a bit of a following from Metal fans apparently, I've seen them twice and there was plenty of Metal fans there, tons of pits dotted about the place. They played Download in 2009 and were well received. Having said that their last album was terrible, poppy chart bollocks, it was made with intention of making money. Although their first album is excellent, second album is different from the first, kind of electronic based power rock, loads of breakdowns, it's grand.

But I don't think they belong there, along with 90% of bands on the lineup as a matter of fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I think it looks pretty sh!te to be honest ... at a push, if I was going, I probably watch the Main Stage on Fri, the 2nd Stage on sat and would go home on the Sunday.

Advertisement