Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2011

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Sonisphere have really showed up what a bad festival download has become in recent years. Although, saying that, I am thinking of getting a day ticket for Saturaday, just to see System of a Down, but that is just down to the fact that there are no big concerts on here this summer which interest me and Sonisphere aren't doing day tickets at all :(. Other than System, there are no other bands that interest me on the Saturday, so seems like a very expensive trip for just one band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

so seems like a very expensive trip for just one band.

Yes, yes it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Duff McKagan,SOAD,Down & Biohazard would be the only bands to interest me. The rest would only push up their beer sales as i drown out the crap with beer!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Nailz wrote: »
    They're not rave. They're drum n' bass and "Electronic Rock", and they have a bit of a following from Metal fans apparently, I've seen them twice and there was plenty of Metal fans there, tons of pits dotted about the place. They played Download in 2009 and were well received. Having said that their last album was terrible, poppy chart bollocks, it was made with intention of making money. Although their first album is excellent, second album is different from the first, kind of electronic based power rock, loads of breakdowns, it's grand.

But I don't think they belong there, along with 90% of bands on the lineup as a matter of fact.

ive had the unfortunate experience of seeing them live as i got a free ticket not knowing who they where. i can honestly say they are pure s**t and they are rave music with some guy playing a guitar very badly .the crowd was not metal fans but ravers and emos alll kids,stayed for two songs and left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

i can honestly say they are pure s**t and they are rave music with some guy playing a guitar very badly .the crowd was not metal fans but ravers and emos alll kids,stayed for two songs and left

Definitely not rave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

ive had the unfortunate experience of seeing them live as i got a free ticket not knowing who they where. i can honestly say they are pure s**t and they are rave music with some guy playing a guitar very badly .the crowd was not metal fans but ravers and emos alll kids,stayed for two songs and left

They're nothing close to rave, and their guitarist mightn't be up there with the guitar legends of the world but I think saying he's very bad is a bit OTT.

Also, IT'S NOT A ****ING METAL FESTIVAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I personally can't wait for this festival, must make me the only one then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'm really looking forward to it must say, lots of bands I love :)

If anyone's looking for transport over, I've 2 spaces in my car for a ferry over, PM me if you're interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I can't wait for this, I've been at my dad to take me for the last 5 years...and now I finally get to go and bow at the altar of Twisted Sister, Cheap Trick, Mr. Big and Avenged Sevenfold. It's gonna be one hell of a weekend. Got flights and hotel pretty cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Not going to Download this year as we're all for High Voltage instead. But it never ceases to amaze me how folk grumble about "x" amount of **** bands on a bill etc. For a festival I feel if you get an average of 7 bands a day that you really want to see, you're doing well. More than that and you'll miss soneone as there will be a clash of times!!!

That's what's gonna happen to me at High Voltage, I'm gonna end up missing someone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

I cant wait for this gig, was at Rock AM Ring last year for RATM, KISS, RAMMSTEIN, MUSE, SLASH, SLAYER, THEM CROOKED VULTURES, ALICE IN CHAINS AND VOLBEAT.
    But this year has fecking Kings of Leon and Coldplay heading lineing? Its a crap lineup, cant wait to see Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Black Stone Cherry, Alter Bridge, The Darkness, Disturbed, Duff McKagans Loaded, Thin Lizzy, Korn, and The Cult. Its gonna be a class gig, i got the 3day camping, flying into East Midlans Airport at 9am Friday morning and coming back Monday night at ten to 9. Its gonna be an epic weekend, if anyone wants ta meet up at the gig for a few drinks drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jocombo

I'll be on that flight over too freekhead, probably full of download goers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Anybody at this today catch letlive? I think they were on the 3rd stage. Were they any good? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

So wish could see Clutch, probably only band bar SOAD I really wanted to see.

Advertisement