Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA Book Grant; help badly needed please!

• 01-12-2010 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

After waiting so long for this I went up to my local SWO today and after a long wait at the chair the woman working told me she couldn't find my registration letter and I wasn't on the list to recieve the book grant! :eek:

I tried asking her how this was possible and that I had given mine up in my second week of college way back in early September. She went away again to look but still no luck, she said I needed the form to continue payment.

My college was a ten minute walk so I went up and got the letter straight away as they already has me in the system. So then I went back down to the SWO and handed it in, the woman said it was grand but that it might be too late to get the book allowance and all she could say was "I'm not sure, I don't know". :mad:

I'm sorry but after weeks of waiting this is a piss-poor attempt to explain the situation. I mean they lost the letter not me, resulting in me having to take out on over-draft because it took so long and I might not be able to even get it now due to their fault?! Can anyone give me an idea on if I will be able to get it or not, I'm a mixture of devastation and anger right now and I actually got no answer from that woman!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Go back in to the schemes hatch, tell the person there you want to see a supervisor, tell them you are prepared to wait. When you do get the supervisor, tell them what day you handed in the reg letter and what happened the last time you were in there. Tell them the lady admitted it has been lost and give them 10 days to sort it out, after that you will have to write to the local head of the social welfare office as that person may be the only person able to raise a cheque at this late stage.

Four people in my OH class had their letters lost, magically found and 2 deemed not to have the correct information. But this was during the time the payments were being made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Thank you for that great and fast reply, I will do that tomorrow. I hope that woman isn't on as she is quite harsh and unhelpful while the fella is the complete opposite, sound out.

It was just the whole "tough luck, it's too late" attitude that shocked me, I mean if I wasn't registered for this long why was I still gettting paid or why wasn't I contacted? I'm not a bloody psychic, I'm so worried I won't get this now.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Just a lil update. Went in today and another woman I had never seen on the hatch was on. She went away for like five minutes, came back and told me that they only sent letters out to university and institute of technology students, none for FETAC (which is ludicrous) but she went on to say that the workers appealed and the manager has gone in their favour meaning I will get mine in a week or two. Thank God. :D

Advertisement