Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio Ethanol Fire???

Options
  • 01-12-2010 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi everybody, I am really hoping somebody can help me with this. We have our house in an estate and its all gas. Gas heating, fire and cooking. Now we find the gas fire eats gaseek.gif and we have been thinking of taking it out and replacing it with a bio ethanol fire.
    Does anybody know anything about these or how good they really are. I know that they run on bio ethanol oil and you can buy this in litre bottles for something like 2euro per bottle, this litre burns for 3-6 hours depending on your settings of course. It is also a renewable energy product and the oil is produced in Ireland.
    I find with the gas when its on you never know how much you are actually using until the bill comes, but with this the oil is gone when its gone.
    I would be very interested in anybody with any info or even if you have seen them before or know anything about them.

Thanks so much

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yes, am open fronted gas fire is highly inefficient.

a bio stove is expensive and the fuel is not too cheap either,dearer than gas on a per unit cost....consider that bulk LPG is €0.78 per litre !!

have you considered inserting a more efficient gas stove? closed fronted with a convector fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 zajdoo

Thanks for that sydthebeat willdef have a read of that table looks good thanks.

Advertisement