Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA LABEL for 457 Sponsorship Visa for OZ

Options
  • 01-12-2010 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi

I have just been approved my 457 visa but it says i need to have a visa label put in my passport.
    I was looking on the dept of immigration website and it says that certain passprt holders dont need a label and Ireland is on the list.

Does anyone have any further insight on this matter or recent experience in relation to a visa label for 457 visa.

p.s i am in Ireland not oz

Thanks in advance for any help:)

Dots

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Irish passport can be read by scanners, so you don't need a label

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

^+1

Its all electronic for Irish passports. They just scan it and can see what visa you have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

You can if you want get the label anyway. It wont cost you anything extra but you dont have to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dots84

Thats great
    Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

They're phasing out the labels soon,if not already.everything done electronically now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Congrats on getting approval. I'm hoping to get sponsored on a 457 myself, how long did the process take?

Advertisement