Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Science Investigations 2010/2011

Options
  • 01-12-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for how to go about doing the Biology Investigation?

Carry out an investigation to study the anerobic respiration of yeast with particular reference to (i) the change of temperature with time, (ii) the evolution of carbon dioxide with time and (iii) the change of density with time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

We're not starting our experiments until after Christmas, possibly after the Pres.

We're doing the Chemistry and Physics experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

We're not starting our experiments until after Christmas, possibly after the Pres.

We're doing the Chemistry and Physics experiments.

Physics: Linky;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

ok well were doing the physics and the biology ones
    for biology my teacher explained to us how to do it, sorta lol
    lemmie know if u want some help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gurflugalump

Anyone have any tips for the chemistry one?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I've done my chemistry and physics now, in the process of filling out the booklet. :) There's only 2 groups in my year doing the bio one this year, not very popular. ;o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

We're not doing ours till after the pres... I don't think she even knows what the experiments are :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

annmariew wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for how to go about doing the Biology Investigation?

Carry out an investigation to study the anerobic respiration of yeast with particular reference to (i) the change of temperature with time, (ii) the evolution of carbon dioxide with time and (iii) the change of density with time.

I'm doing Biology for the Leaving Cert and there's an experiment called "to prepare and show the production of alcohol by yeast", this could be help you for the experiment so if you can get your hands on a Leaving Cert Biology book have a look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Just do the one everyone else is doing. They say you're supposed to be different but its not really true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

We're doing the Physics and Chemistry experiments. Apparently, they make the Physics experiment easy because many people don't take Physics for the Leaving Cert because of the perceived difficulty.

We were going to wait until after the Pres to start them, but we will probably do one before the Pres, just to make sure we're not under too much pressure afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

We're starting our Physics experiment tomorrow. My teacher will freak if I don't have some research done.

I'll just find out what affects friction or something easy to keep her happy.

Anyone finished any experiments yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Anyone finished any experiments yet?

yeahh i have, we finished writing the physics one into the official booklet thingy today :)
    such a relief :)
    doing the biology one next week :)

Advertisement