Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strawberry cheesecake

Options
  • 01-12-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everbody was just wondering if anybody has any good recipes for a strawberry cheesecake, simple and easy to follow recipes would be great, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I use this one but instead of strawberry jelly I use raspberry gives it more of a kick!

http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philadelphia3/page?siteid=philadelphia3-prd&locale=uken1&PagecRef=609&rid=13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

hi tilly think i ll try this recipe , looks good. just wondering you said you use raspberry jelly, is this in place of the sachet of gelatine in the recipe ? would you use a whole pack of jelly. I ve never made jelly actually, does it come in packs or blocks ?

I'm on my phone now so will double check the link I gave you but I use a full pack of jelly. Not the powder kind. Just melt it a bit of water.

Here is what I use..

Ingredients
    • 75 g (3oz) butter
    • 200 g (7oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
    • 450 g (1lb) Philadelphia Light, softened
    • 150 g (5 oz) caster sugar
    • Tin Strawberries (blended)
    • Raspberry Jelly
    • 100 ml (4fl oz) double cream, lightly whipped
    • A selection of fresh fruits for decoration
    Instructions

Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuit crumbs. Press into the base of a 20cm spring form cake tin. Chill it until you need it.Beat the Philadelphia until silky smooth. Add the milk and strawberries. Mix thoroughly.Dissolve the jelly in 3 tablespoons of water, over a pan of hot water. Add to the Philadelphia mixture and then fold in the cream. Pour onto the (here's one I made earlier) crumb base and chill until set. Just before serving remove from the tin and decorate with something fruity.

I use Hartleys raspberry jelly but you can use strawberry as well. Dunnes and Tesco do their own brand as well.

thanks a mill tilly . sorted for christmas dinner dessert now !

• Advertisement

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Instructions

Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuit crumbs. Press into the base of a 20cm spring form cake tin. Chill it until you need it.Beat the Philadelphia until silky smooth. Add the sugar and strawberries. Mix thoroughly.Dissolve the jelly in 3 tablespoons of water, over a pan of hot water. Add to the Philadelphia mixture and then fold in the cream. Pour onto the (here's one I made earlier) crumb base and chill until set. Just before serving remove from the tin and decorate with something fruity.

I use Hartleys raspberry jelly but you can use strawberry as well. Dunnes and Tesco do their own brand as well.

Sorry was a mistake in that, correct instructions in bold..

that worked out very well tilly thanks a mill, easy to make too.

img2199new.jpg

Advertisement