Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gritting

Options
  • 01-12-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

ive been travelling from early morning til the evening the last few days and each morning the M50 and M3 have not been gritted by the looks of it there is nothing gritted
    one lane solid all the way up the M3 TO cavan the other lane nothing,no gritting no nothing
    coming back on the M3 today again one lane open the other lane nearly 3 ft of snow all the way until you get near blanch both sides btw
    WTF
    WHERE IS THE 80,000 TONNES OF SALT
    :mad:
    the N2 was also fcuked as i turned off to see if it was any different cars stranded wrapped around poles

WHO IS TO BLAME

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

According to RTE news there is 40,000 tonnes left, if they managed to burn through half their supplies in less than a week, we're in for a bad winter ahead.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

If the M3 and M50 are not gritted then the private companies who run these roads are presumably to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

Originally from Edinburgh so seen weather like this every year. I can only assume we do not have the infastructure here to cope. Gritters and snow ploughs have to be continually covering the main routes to keep them clear. It's not happening.

My guess is that the finance is not there. To be talking about "saving" the available grit for the weekend already is nothing short of disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

from what i hear the salt is there. its just the funds arent. i get ie for the overtime and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

cazzak79 wrote: »
    from what i hear the salt is there. its just the funds arent. i get ie for the overtime and that.

Heard that too. Weren't allowed to do overtime. Someone on the news tonight though talking about making the salt last...

• Advertisement
Advertisement