Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Fat Christmas Lights

Options
  • 01-12-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

I'm looking for some big, fat, christmas lights, similar to the following:

5.jpg

Preferably these would be suitable for indoor use. Does anyone know where I can find some, because I can't seem to track down any in the shops?

Thanks,
    --
    Angry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

How big are they? If they're regular sized (e.g. standard bulb used in a room lamp) you could try a hardware store. I'd expect the likes of Woodies/Atlantic to stock these. They mightn't be in their Christmas sections though so have a proper look around or even ask. If not you might try an electrical wholesaler if there happens to be one close. I may be wrong but think they can only sell to companies. If so explain your situation and hope they show some Christmas compassion! Hope you find what you're looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

If you don't find them in specialized electrical shops,try PAINTING them with glass paint.We did it a few years ago, when we couldn't locate all the colours we needed in the shops.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Was in Tesco today, and they had in the light bulb section; a pack of 2 red fireglow BC 60w = €3.25.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Prob not as big but mac d's in loughrea have a set of 80 indoor / outdoor multi color atlas in stock for 25 euro. With 25% off too. They are about the size of a golf ball. Saw them yesterday when i picked up my set of 400 LEDs for the tree. A bargain at 32 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

try a google shopping search for "Classic christmas lights"

My mom has a few strings up on her tree, it looks like A Christmas Story. They put out silly amounts of heat though.

4211029420_5a5880abe7.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement