Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you're buying a football this Christmas...

• 01-12-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭

... you could do worse than buy this one.

One World Futbol is a project that manufactured a durable football that can survive broken glass, being run over and more without puncturing. It is designed for use in even the toughest conditions in the developing world and hopes to spread peace to troubled regions through football. The ball is also manufactured without resort to child labour.

If you buy one, one is automatically donated to a worthy community somewhere in the world.

PS Mods, hope this is okay here. Just found it when researching presents for my nieces and nephews and thought a few more might find it interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What do goalkeepers think of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Great idea, I just dont like buying from abroad on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Great idea, I just dont like buying from abroad on the internet.
    For what it's worth, I've come across this charity before in a couple of case studies (I work for a charity) before seeing it again when thinking about presents.

They're also up for an award in the Peace and Sport Awards that were set up under the patronage of Prince Albert of Monaco.

Nothing's ever guaranteed, and I presume you're more concerned about their payment processing than anything else, but it seems to have excellent credentials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I dunno, I was thinking of getting my liverpool mates this same ball as last year:D

beachball.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Only one football a kid needs; a Derby one. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

+1 for the Derby football

My football of choice whenever I bought one

But yes, this seems a good idea and well done to all, thanks for posting OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

starving children being sold into slavery by their equally starving parents is always preferable to child labour. I'll buy ten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

starving children being sold into slavery by their equally starving parents is always preferable to child labour. I'll buy ten.

What?

Make sense man.

Advertisement