Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Game(s) You Attended

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

baldshin wrote: »
    Galway United v Sligo in the FAI cup in the showgrounds about 7/8 years back, followed closely by Manchester derby Carling Cup 2nd leg last year, atmosphere was phenomenal.

Great minds think alike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Galway United vs St. Pats about 8 or 9 years ago. Last game of the season needing a point to stay up and scoring an equaliser at the death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Man utd 3 liverpool 0. March 2008. Mascherano sent off. Atmosphere was unbelievable. :D

I was at that game, but the game v Barcelona at Old Trafford that Season was easily the best atmosphere I have ever experienced and the craic afterwards was mighty!

I was also at Ireland 1-1 Germany in Japan (that was just downright awesome!).

Shels 3-1 Kapaty Lviv 1993 was a great match, really enjoyed that one!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

River Plate at home to Corinthians in the Copa Libertadores 2006. Insane crowd, 'special' reception for Tevez and Mascherano. Game ended 3-2 with a bicycle kick, red card (for Masch), great goal erroneously disallowed (for Tevez) and a masterclass from Gallardo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Drumpot wrote: »
    I was at that game, but the game v Barcelona at Old Trafford that Season was easily the best atmosphere I have ever experienced and the craic afterwards was mighty!

I was also at Ireland 1-1 Germany in Japan (that was just downright awesome!).

Shels 3-1 Kapaty Lviv 1993 was a great match, really enjoyed that one!

Of all the Ireland games I would have loved to have went too this would have been the one. We were so used to teams scoring goals against us in last minute and with 5 minutes to go remember just thinking that we were out with game to go.

I remember watching on TV after final whistle the Irish fans going nuts, still brings me great joy watching that goal from Robbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Of all the Ireland games I would have loved to have went too this would have been the one. We were so used to teams scoring goals against us in last minute and with 5 minutes to go remember just thinking that we were out with game to go.

I remember watching on TV after final whistle the Irish fans going nuts, still brings me great joy watching that goal from Robbie.

But at least all of us watching on the television got to witness Mick McCarthy's literal jaw-dropping reaction, over and over on replays!

This :eek: is a quite accurate artist's impression

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

Istanbul would be the highest profile match.

As for one that i would regard most memorable-Liverpool v utd the day Riise nearly broke the goal-frame...1st time over there-It doesnt get much better than that:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Highest profile domestically Rovers v Juve, home and away last season. The away game was played in worst weather I've ever attended a game in. Graced by one of the greatest free kicks I've ever seen scored by Alessandro Del Piero. Was in Bray when Rovers ended the sixteen year wait for a league title. Don't think I've ever been happier. The game (and especially the last ten minutes) was terrifying but it was worth it in the end.

Been to Old Trafford a number of times. First time was in 1986 for the Derby. 57000 people, noise turned up to eleven. 2-2 draw. Most exciting game was a 3-3 draw against Middlesbrough in the lashing rain (as if it would be any other kind of weather in Manchester!) Juninho and Cantona on the same pitch. Can't remember the exact date but I do know that Gary Neville scored his first United goal that day. Most recent was in 2008 when Utd beat Villa 4-0. Tevez and Ronaldo running rings around the Villa players. I'd have them both back tomorrow.

Advertisement