Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were can I buy a psu in Eire(pick up)

Options
  • 01-12-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Lads im in a pickle..
    my new rig arrived today from Hardwareversand and all things was going well with the installation.. booted up no probs there and while windows 7 was installing "BANG" goes the psu(this one..Piece of Sh!t)

So as ye can imagine Im not a happy camper at the moment..
    So my question is; were can I go to pick up a decent psu from as I dont want to wait for 2-3 weeks for a replacement to be sent from Hardwareversand...They can give me a refund or a store credit...
    F%*k Im p!ssed off!!!!! Have been saving my pennies for ages for this..

Im in Thurles (tipp) but dont care if I have to drive half the country to pick one up...Just want to get this pc happening..

Cheers
    Dwighet

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Wait - Xilence are selling their PoS Casing Macron units for a ton??!? :eek::eek::eek::p

eBuyer, OCUK, Komplett and Elara usually take less than a week to deliver so long as there's stock. You can drive to Dublin to collect Komplett and Elara shipments from the warehouses but Komplett aren't that much faster this way and Elara rarely has many good models at sane prices.

And don't even bother trying to pick up one from the shops, all you can get are more Casing Macron and low-end Sirfa/Sirtec crap :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Solitaire wrote: »
    Wait - Xilence are selling their PoS Casing Macron units for a ton??!? :eek::eek::eek::p

eBuyer, OCUK, Komplett and Elara usually take less than a week to deliver so long as there's stock. You can drive to Dublin to collect Komplett and Elara shipments from the warehouses but Komplett aren't that much faster this way and Elara rarely has many good models at sane prices.

And don't even bother trying to pick up one from the shops, all you can get are more Casing Macron and low-end Sirfa/Sirtec crap :mad:

So do you think if i give komplett a call first thing tomorrow I could pick up that day or am I kidding myself?

Also if you dont mind could you have a look at kompletts catalouge and pick me out something decent that wont go "POP" and throw all the breakers in the house...Please;)

I need something that will run a i5 760,1x 6870,2 x hdd,nh-d14 cooler and 5 case fans and a bit of overclocking....

Cheers man. Appreciate ya help

Dwighet

You're kidding yourself. No-one can get a decent PSU to you that fast :o

Argh! Komplett is just a bit poo! Corsair TX650 is out of stock!! And the CM M600 has a weak 12V rail, so you're looking at over €100 for a TX750 or M700. Fairly crap IMHO :(

You're kidding yourself. No-one can get a decent PSU to you that fast :o

Argh! Komplett is just a bit poo! Corsair TX650 is out of stock!! And the CM M600 has a weak 12V rail, so you're looking at over €100 for a TX750 or M700. Fairly crap IMHO :(

Oh well....Guess i`ll just have to wait..:mad:
    Thanks anyway.

There's always eBuyer etc. ;) I'll have a look in a sec :)

• Advertisement

This can be had for just under €100 including shipping (which is fairly pricey from eBuyer :o) Not modular, but its a modern, solid 650W Seasonic-based unit :D

Just saw a Corsair TX650 in Pixmania but when you add shipping its €97 anyway! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

This can be had for just under €100 including shipping (which is fairly pricey from eBuyer :o) Not modular, but its a modern, solid 650W Seasonic-based unit :D

Just saw a Corsair TX650 in Pixmania but when you add shipping its €97 anyway! :(

will this be ok?
    They take laser.. My CC is banjaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

You said you wanted to pick it up, this place is in malahide: (they can also arrange same-day delivery)
    http://www.marxcomputers.ie/

TonyM. wrote: »

Not a big fan of OCZ PSUs and AFAIK that would be on memory and small items only, keyboards/CPU coolers/PSUs always cost more to ship in MemoryC and probably aren't on the offer.
    dwighet wrote: »
    will this be ok?
    They take laser.. My CC is banjaxed

Nice job! Forgot to check Dabs... but AFAIK they don't do Laser, it was an issue I had with them several times in the past :o

• Advertisement

Not a big fan of OCZ PSUs and AFAIK that would be on memory and small items only, keyboards/CPU coolers/PSUs always cost more to ship in MemoryC and probably aren't on the offer.

Nice job! Forgot to check Dabs... but AFAIK they don't do Laser, it was an issue I had with them several times in the past :o

It says on there check out that they take maestro...
    Will give em a shout tomorrow..
    Thanks for ya help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The Antec Truepower New 650W is only £69 at ebuyer at the moment, if you do have a credit card handy. Good price for a nice modular PSU.
    dwighet wrote: »
    It says on there check out that they take maestro...
    Will give em a shout tomorrow..
    Thanks for ya help

Lots of places say they'll take maestro, but it usually doesn't work with maestro/laser cards. Maybe dabs might be an exception given that they have a dedicated irish site.

It doesn't work - I've tried :(

Advertisement