Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubai product prices

Options
  • 01-12-2010 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just wondering whats the price of different goods like clothing or electronics in Dubai.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Cheaper i would say due to tax

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Never been to Dubai, but been to Abu Dhabi and living in Bahrain. From my experiences, electronics and clothes are more expensive than Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Pretty much anything nice is expensive. Fake chinese crap is common but ... obviously nobody here is interested in 1$ justin beiber hats, rather I guess that people are moreso interested in macbooks at 130% the price of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Lived in Qatar for a year in 2007, I remember clothes being quite reasonably priced compared to Ireland. While I can't remember buying many electronics I had my Olympus Digital Camera repaired - I remember before I travelled out there I had asked a shop in Limerick to repair it, they were looking for a minimum of €100 hand-in charge as it was gonna have to be sent to the UK, however in Qatar I was able to get it repaired for less than €20.

Advertisement