Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Conditions in Inchydoney

Options
  • 01-12-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

can anyone tell me what driving conditions are like in Clonakilty this week? Am meant to be going to Inchydoney this wk/end, driving down from "ice-and-snow-free" Ennis and just wondering if we just postpone :confused:
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I wish we had snow in Ennis :( Nice hotel they've got down there :D

Google is your friend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The local radio station is reporting snow and ice on most roads in that neck of the woods.(C103 they are on line, news on the hour.might be worth a listen)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

lots of snow and ice in last few days which is unique to w cork coastline ,heavy frost tonight again by the feel of it ,dodgy alright ,tmrw should be good bright day though not enough to thaw ,on a scale of 1 to 10 FOR travel about a 3 Id say !!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yamlet

woggie wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what driving conditions are like in Clonakilty this week? Am meant to be going to Inchydoney this wk/end, driving down from "ice-and-snow-free" Ennis and just wondering if we just postpone :confused:
    Thanks

My girlfriend's Christmas party was supposed to be on this Friday night in the Inchedoney hotel but its been cancelled so does not sound good. Also if you are on Facebook look up the Inchedoney Lodge and Spa page and there is pictures of the snow around the hotel so you can see conditions for yourself.

If it was me personally, i wouldn't as there is a very narrow hilly road into hotel and the road out of Clonakilty to the hotel has ocean frontage nearly all the way out so wouldn't be pleasant driving on it if theres ice/snow on the road but I presume it would be gritted so you might do!

Best bet is to contact hotel itself for road conditions around the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭mountain

roads around clonakilty are very bad, and there is another hard freeze due tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

rain has come and things have changed considerably ,snow and ice turning to slush ,slowly but surely !! Dont think theres any major frost down this way either tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Nice hotel they've got down there

I've never understood the popularity of Inchydoney Hotel. I went to 2 weddings there, one of which I stayed overnight for, and I didn't enjoy one minute of it. Overpriced and understaffed.

Advertisement