Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mega Drive model 1 HDG audio compared to model 2

• 01-12-2010 9:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

The audio quality from the model 2 does not seem too good. I get an irritating buzzing at times, most noticably at startup when the sega logo comes up. The buzzing sound is not noticable during games if the volume is set to a certain level though.

I've read that the HDG model 1 is a lot better when it comes to both picture and audio.

So I ask, what's the audio quality like from the model 1 HDG? Any buzzing like this or is it clear? Anyone else get the same buzzing sound from the model 2?

I presume it's the same for all model 2's and not just an issue with mine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I believe the first model has better components and the second model was made on the cheap with lesser parts. Not sure if this is entirley accurate and I await correction on it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The model 2 does indeed have a buzzing. There's also an issue with it and deep/high tones. If you can only have one Megadrive, do not have Megadrive 2.

To go one further, there are several different types of version 2. You can tell by flipping the console over and looking to see how big the shielding is through the vents.

There's a thread over on the Sega-16 forum detailing all the different types.

The HDG 1 sounds perfect. If you can get one, do.

The best sound out of the lot of them is the Nomad. None of them are as loud or clear as it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yesh! HDG 1 is the ebst megadrive by far

Always wondered why so many people make a mega drive setup using the model 2, they are worse and nowhere as near cool looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yesh! HDG 1 is the ebst megadrive by far

Always wondered why so many people make a mega drive setup using the model 2, they are worse and nowhere as near cool looking

I prefer the look of the MD2 (I love the snes, and I guess it looks the most like it..) but i'm going to try pick up one of the high definition graphics due to the sound thing :pac:

Master of the Universe

The model 2 is a lot more common in Ireland. Which is a shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah its everwhere

There is a crystal clear mod you can do for the model 2 which is supposed to give amazing stereo sound

its over on sega-16 forums, check it out

ps im too lazy to link it

Master of the Universe

But i'm going to try pick up one of the high definition graphics due to the sound thing :pac:

Better picture too ;)

Plus no license screen at the start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah its everwhere

There is a crystal clear mod you can do for the model 2 which is supposed to give amazing stereo sound

its over on sega-16 forums, check it out

ps im too lazy to link it

Hmmm, in-ter-esting :D

Master of the Universe

Looks like I'll be sending my Megadrive 2 back out to you so ... :pac:

Advertisement