Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Christmas ham

Options
  • 01-12-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm about to cook my first Christmas dinner in a few days. i wonder where is the best place to get a ham to feed 8 people. I haven't ordered one yet and wonder is it too late to get one or where will i get one. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Superquinn do lovely ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Tesco have a deal on a fine lump of ham on the bone this weekend. Cook it for two hours, take it out and let it cool. Then cut a diagonal grid cross the top of it, to half inch depth. Poor over honey letting it down into the grooves, spread it around with knife. Then sprinke brown sugar all over the honey. Then stick loads cloves into the cuts. Finally drizzle a can of cider over the ham and pop it into oven for half hour. Don't let the top of it burn. No harm to spoon cider over it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

our christmas ham comes from lidl or aldi. It's just as good. My sister glazes it with honey and it's always mouth wateringly tender when it's on the plate! NOMMMM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Personally when it comes to the Christmas dinner i go to my local butcher.

Its the most important meal of the year and your local butcher can give great advice on cooking etc and i always find they have great time for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublinvillian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Any local butchers will generally do a good ham, they tend to stick to the same suppliers so they usually know how good they will be.

Advertisement