Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emptying large turtle tank? (vacuum?)

• 01-12-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

I've recently gotten a much larger tank for my turtle, and I'd like an easier way of emptying the dirty water.

I used to scoop it out bit by bit into a basin, and then down the drain, but it gets harder to scoop out when the water is down at the bottom (and that's the dirtiest and all the dirt and sh** ends up down there). So I have to lift the whole tank to a drain and tip the end of it out (two man job)

I've seen vacuums mentioned. How do these work? Do they store the water, and have to be emptied bit by bit? Or do they pump the water straight out to a drain? Any tips where I might get one online or in Cork?

Advertisement