Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! Problem with Netgear N300 Router

• 01-12-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I bought the Netgear N300 dual band Router because I wanted a better connection. I have the standard 1mg Eircom broadband with the standard Netopia box. I tried setting up the router followed all the instructions and the setup disc with the ethernet cable from the box to the laptop and I still couldnt get it working. I paid €125.00 for the box and cant return it now So really would like to get it working... Any ideas??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Vodkat wrote: »
    I bought the Netgear N300 dual band Router because I wanted a better connection. I have the standard 1mg Eircom broadband with the standard Netopia box. I tried setting up the router followed all the instructions and the setup disc with the ethernet cable from the box to the laptop and I still couldnt get it working. I paid €125.00 for the box and cant return it now So really would like to get it working... Any ideas??

Dont mind the setup disc, Go into http://www.routerlogin.net/ (Username should be admin/password) when the modems connected to the machine and use the following settings:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Primary DNS: 213.94.190.194
    Secondary DNS: 213.94.190.236

I set up a netgear before and I think they Lie in both LAN Settings and Connection settings on the modem if memory serves

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

yoyo wrote: »
    Dont mind the setup disc, Go into http://www.routerlogin.net/ (Username should be admin/password) when the modems connected to the machine and use the following settings:

I set up a netgear before and I think they Lie in both LAN Settings and Connection settings on the modem if memory serves

Nick

Thanks ill try that in the morning and let ya know what happens, fingers crossed!!

So I did as suggested but to no avail. Still not working... I wonder should I ring eircom or netgear?
    Also i only noticed on the back of the box it says 'For BT connections' would that be the problem because im not with BT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Can you confirm the full model numbers of the Netopia and Netgear devices?

Thanks for the reply,
    Ill post them later not at home right now where would they be located?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply,
    Ill post them later not at home right now where would they be located?

Underneath the device on labels generally. I just want to be clear exactly what you're using there. There are a few variations of the Netgear N300 :

WNDR3300 - N300 Wireless Dual Band Router
    DGND3300 - N300 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2+ Modem Router
    WNR3500L - N300 RangeMax Wireless N Gigabit Router

These are completely different devices and you would set things up differently depending on which one you have. There are also several different Netopia devices in common use.

bhickey wrote: »
    Underneath the device on labels generally. I just want to be clear exactly what you're using there. There are a few variations of the Netgear N300 :

WNDR3300 - N300 Wireless Dual Band Router
    DGND3300 - N300 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2+ Modem Router
    WNR3500L - N300 RangeMax Wireless N Gigabit Router

These are completely different devices and you would set things up differently depending on which one you have. There are also several different Netopia devices in common use.

Its this one DGND3300 - N300 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2+ Modem Router

Its this one DGND3300 - N300 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2+ Modem Router

It should work so with the settings posted above. If for some reason it doesn't then you could connect the Netopia back up and use the DGND3300 just as an access point as opposed to a router. In this scenario you'd disable the WAN port entirely on the Netgear and also disable DHCP. If all you're interested in is a better wireless connection that that'll give you the same result.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Hey vodkat - did you ever solve this? I'm having the exact same issue. Netopia no proble, linksys no problem, belkin no problem....Netgear big problem..€125 problem (DGND3300 - N300 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2+ Modem Router
    )

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Scratch that last comment- jumped the gun a little...use the settings "exactly" as they are above and all working perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

yoyo wrote: »

Nick
    i followed these and now my upload speed has beeen piss poor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement