Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK - Week 9

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Karen23 wrote: »
    Or anywhere its available online.
    I presume it's okay to post the YouTube link?

It's here anyway (playlist includes episode and You're Fired) - mods, snip if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

yahoo_moe wrote: »

It's here anyway (playlist includes episode and You're Fired) - mods, snip if necessary.

Thank You:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Stuart might get on people's nerves but he seems to be something of an all-rounder.

I have a feeling he may get crucified in the interviews though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Stuart 'The Brand' Baggs, definately would have a target painted on him that week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

He'll be more personable than some of them, though. He seems to have cut out the "I'm one of the most successful people in the world" shtick, at least from what we're being shown.

Whereas Liz struggles when you take away one of her management-speak cliches. She was so focussed the other day on not saying "I'll take that on board" that she could no longer make sense.

At one point she ended up saying "I'll take... fully... I... responsibility... yes, I agree." or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Whereas Liz struggles when you take away one of her management-speak cliches. She was so focussed the other day on not saying "I'll take that on board" that she could no longer make sense.

At one point she ended up saying "I'll take... fully... I... responsibility... yes, I agree." or something similar.

Her ample bosom must have been drawing all the blood away from her brain at that moment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Delighted Laura is gone. She was f**king useless and so deserved to be fired as all she's done is whine and moan.
    Well played by Lord Síucra - Stella was sure she was gone until he swerved and fired Laura.
    Stella seems to be like Ciara in the Irish version (except more competent) in that she seems a good bit older than the other candidates and they can't relate to her and because she's major competition they try to undermine her too.

Comparing Stella to Ciara is a veritable chalk and cheese comparison. Stella is infinitely better in all aspects than Ciara.

Anyway; having religiously watched IRL since it started I caught EP 8 of UK the other week and my god is vastly superior to IRL. The tasks are interesting; the candidates would each easily win IRL hands down and Alan Sugar is brilliant - consummate businessman and not caught up in any of the warrior bull**** Bill loves to hear. Karen Brady and the other guy are good too - the facial expressions sometimes!

As for the candidates I think will win; gotta think Stella is very strong but I find her too corporate. Jamie is my favourite to win; extremely likeable and knows his stuff - his negotiating skills on the last episode were epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

cson wrote: »
    Comparing Stella to Ciara is a veritable chalk and cheese comparison. Stella is infinitely better in all aspects than Ciara.

Anyway; having religiously watched IRL since it started I caught EP 8 of UK the other week and my god is vastly superior to IRL. The tasks are interesting; the candidates would each easily win IRL hands down and Alan Sugar is brilliant - consummate businessman and not caught up in any of the warrior bull**** Bill loves to hear. Karen Brady and the other guy are good too - the facial expressions sometimes!

As for the candidates I think will win; gotta think Stella is very strong but I find her too corporate. Jamie is my favourite to win; extremely likeable and knows his stuff - his negotiating skills on the last episode were epic.

alan sugar wants a businessman, bill cullen wants a salesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

cson wrote: »
    Perhaps I didn't make my comparison clear.
    Stella is a bit older than the other candidates - as was Ciara.
    Stella is not popular with the other candidates and (if anything) they seem to have ganged up on her - as with Ciara.
    Stella says "I'm not here to make friends". Ciara says "I'm not here to make friends".
    Stella appears skilled and competent. Ciara did not.

Btw Jamie got badly burned last week when he was going on about how he made brilliant contributions to the previous tasks and Lord Síucra asked him to list one moment of brilliance which silenced Jamie.
    Lord Síucra could have told him that he was spoofing but he had a bit too much class to do that unlike another car-selling "entrepreneur".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

She looks well in the "you're fired programme"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I was particularly impressed with how the boys managed to greet the girls when they returned from the boardroom supposedly the following day while also simultaneously being able to go to Paris for the whole weekend.
    With this gift of bi-location they should do pretty well in business. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I said after the first week that Stella would win this and I still think she will. I wasn't impressed with Liz trying to get the other candidates on Stella's back by telling them what went on in the boardroom when they got back to the house. I think Liz will come out on the wrong side of that in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Double firing this week? There are 6 left in it and I presume the Interviews are next week so...

Stella
    Liz
    Stuart
    Joanna

Is who I think will make the interviews and in the order that I think they'll finish. Stella to win.

Jamie and Chris to go this week.

Jamie is a really good candidate I think but he hasn't stood out bar the negotiating and even then he didn't get all the items.

Chris is technically good but he won't win it simply because he's an investment banker and not a businessman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Like all you guys I love the the UK Apprentice,far superior to the Irish version.I think either Stella or the lovely Liz is going to win it.Two very capable women who are very driven and ambitious.However Stella is a bit dare I say it too corporate and formal and does appear to grate on the rest of her colleagues.I lost a lot of respect for Liz after she went for Stella post the boardroom which should never be done.She definitely has the knives out for her,I can see a catfight!:DI know it's crazy but I really do think Stuart "THE BRAND" Braggs is a real dark horse to win it.Clearly Lord Sugar has a soft spot for him and I think he has far more business aucumen than he is given credit for.After all he is a very young man so what are we expecting of him.He has after all been selected for the last 16 for the UK Apprentice,no mean feat.Of course he going to be brash,cocky,immature and overconfident but I think he is a nice,funny guy underneath that brash exterior.But he can be so unaware of how hilarious his actions and words can be.The whole brand thing is just comical.As for the others I'm hoping justice is done and Chris is fired tonight as I think he totally over rates himself.He has been on the losing team countless times and inexplicably escaped getting fired up til now.As for Joan she is very annoying and Jamie is another candidate with far too an inflated opinion of his capabalities.Roll on tonight!:D

Advertisement