Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhD EU Funding

Options
  • 01-12-2010 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Guys,

I am looking to start a PhD next year in UK and am entitled to pay nothing for fee as EU national. But the University said that I have to carry the burden of accommodation, food etc on my own.

I am wondering that anyone knows an alternative way that I could fund myself. Is there any EU funding for PhD students or

Is there any company that can sponsor me etc.

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I don't know about company funding, but some universities do studentships that you might be eligible for. There is an EU fund, but I'm pretty sure the deadline is up by now. Other then that, not many options! Although if you approach an organisation and you have your fees covered, you might get a little bit of funding that you could supplement with a part-time job.

This might help www.scholarship-search.org.uk

Advertisement