Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help With Windows Mail + Eircom Wireless

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I got a new modem today after my last one was damaged by the storm (somehow?) and m,y windows mail wouldn't work. I cant remember how i configured it last time but i think mail tries to dial up to wireless internet and i simply do not know how to fix it. So irritating.

Does anyone know how I can configure it to work with my computers active wireless connection?

(I'm windows vista and I run modem btw)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I got a new modem today after my last one was damaged by the storm (somehow?) and m,y windows mail wouldn't work. I cant remember how i configured it last time but i think mail tries to dial up to wireless internet and i simply do not know how to fix it. So irritating.

Does anyone know how I can configure it to work with my computers active wireless connection?

(I'm windows vista and I run modem btw)

You have your new modem connected up to your PC/Laptop and you can get online with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Purple_Delish

yes I already have it connected to my PC, Ipod touch, 2 laptops....

It's just windows mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

yes I already have it connected to my PC, Ipod touch, 2 laptops....

It's just windows mail

Select tools > e-mail accounts > select your account and check the account settings. Make sure you have the correct Pop3 and SMTP settings for your e-mail provider and ISP.

I'm pretty sure I've nailed that aswell.

In: pop.eircom.net
    Out: smtp.eircom.net

And when I tried webmail.eircom.net it wouldnt work btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Try this:

Incoming Mail Server (POP 3): webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing: mail1.eircom.net

• Advertisement

Yeah done that. Hasn't worked.

I don't know if I've been specific enough about the problem... But when I click send/recieve, I get this:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/393523/137777.jpg

But I don't have dial up? And it says I have no active connections, despite the fact I'm wirelessly connected to the internet and that it says "working online in the bottom bar

Ok, I think I've found the root of the problem. I have to go accounts-properties-connection and untick something or other. Unfortunately whenever I click the connection tab WM instantly becomes unresponsive.... Every single time

Should I re-install because I'm almost sure thats how I can sort this out.

Apologies for double post

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

make sure your default connection is lan as oppose to dial up.

But the problem is I cant change my default connectrion. Because that connection tab instantly causes WM to become unresponsive and crash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you considered using Thunderbird instead of windows live?

• Advertisement

Is it possible to use thunderbird and save all my contacts, messages, folders, etc?

Because I'd love to escape this horrid piece of junkware that is WM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

According to the documentation you can import from Windows Mail

Called eircom today. Great support.... They can fix my account but I need my password from 10 years ago... *sigh*

anyway I won't be needing this thread anymore. Thanks for the help

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

In fairness to Eircom or indeed any isp sorting out windows mail issues is not their concern.

Advertisement