Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail seats in Kildare after the GE.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Why would you not hold clinics? How else can ordinary voters get to meet you and give their opinion or voice their concerns directly to you?

That said I appreciate where your heart is but after reading your site I couldn't vote for you. There's lots of poetry but little content. As you say yourself, it would be a miracle if you got elected.
    I would also seriously consider the services of a proofreader. My eyes hurt reading some sections of it. Don't take this the wrong way but your site is your main advertisement - and spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes take from your message.

Finally, could you do us the honour of acknowledging our intelligence and remove the "Kildare North" posts and just post as yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Eric DoyleHiggins

Macros42 wrote: »
    Why would you not hold clinics? How else can ordinary voters get to meet you and give their opinion or voice their concerns directly to you?

That said I appreciate where your heart is but after reading your site I couldn't vote for you. There's lots of poetry but little content. As you say yourself, it would be a miracle if you got elected.
    I would also seriously consider the services of a proofreader. My eyes hurt reading some sections of it. Don't take this the wrong way but your site is your main advertisement - and spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes take from your message.

Finally, could you do us the honour of acknowledging our intelligence and remove the "Kildare North" posts and just post as yourself?
    Hello Macros42 and thank you for your comment,
    Clinics: Firstly, we are citizens of the Republic and not the subjects of our recently installed political aristocracy. We should not have to go cap in hand to clinics and it is the proper business of TD’s to ensure that such should never again be seen as necessary.
    Secondly: We are in discourse now, are we not ? And if any person needs to contact me or feels the need to give me a good ticking off, I am eminently contactable.
    Poetry: I take that as a compliment, thank you. I can only call things as I see them and as I know they can work. If I am not your flavour, hey, that is no tragedy for either of us but maybe you need to have another go. Miracle ? Agreed.
    No. My site is not an advertisement. It represents my views on a number of topics and my suggestions as to how we can, PDQ, begin to get to grips with our problems. I leave marketing to the professionals though by one measure I am a marketer.
    Spelling: That’s Microsoft for you. Mine alone would probably be much worse without it.
    Grammar and punctuation: I write as I speak. You shd c hw I txt.
    Proofreader: I think that perhaps you meant to say “proof reader” or perhaps “proof-reader”. Either way, I will be very happy to consider your corrections.
    Kildare North and so on: You are right but I admit to a certain hesitancy in pondering the execution of one of my many aides who entered thus. As you will note, I came right in myself once I knew you people were talking. Would never do it differently. Sorry. I would never do it differently. See my links. And. I have, courtesy of our Boards.ie friends, instituted a new string which, I think, we both would agree is the more useful way to do it. Come right in with your best brickbat.
    Thank you again,

Eric.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Well I'm not gonna vote for someone who doesn't strongly align with my politics. And there's no candidates close to that in North Kildare. I appreciate some of your points raised and I see you have a sense of humour too which always helps but would you become part of a working group in the Dail, if elected, that would form a coalition with FF or FG? If the answer to that is yes then I won't vote for you. But I wish you the best!
    Hello again Leixlip Red,
    Working group in coalition ? I think that is two fences at once. Working group, perhaps but only for speaking rights. Coalition, that’s a different matter and I think not. But. Will I do a deal that will get people back to work and give us the resources to recover from our current difficulties. You bet. If I can. Might it be with FF or FG ? Yes and with any other party or any other deputy or deputies who receive a mandate. Their mandate would be no less important than mine and that is the point.
    But to be specific, right now the only party I can see coming close to a majority will be FG and they will not quite make it. They will need additional support and if I can trade that support for achievement of my expressed aims, then that will be proper discharge on my mandate.
    Keep well,

Eric.

PS I hope this is not a double post. The thing seemed to go fritzy the first time I tried.
    e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

greengurll wrote: »
    We have lost our sovereignty perhaps its time to reclaim our Independents.

lost our sovereignty??? - can you explain how??

and don't give the shinner line that its because we took a loan from the eu!!

91011 wrote: »
    lost our sovereignty??? - can you explain how??

and don't give the shinner line that its because we took a loan from the eu!!
    Hello 91011 and Greengurll,

Independents - well, about twelve of them, I think, would be good. Then, I would say that, wouldn’t I.

Sovereignty ? That is a different thing altogether. No, we did not lose it but we are giving it away. Every cent our Government borrows from abroad, puts us more acutely in thrall to the bond markets. And just because the esteemed parliamentarians in Sinn Féin happen to, kindof, sortof, agree with this proposition, does not render it invalid.

Explain it ? If I may. It goes something like this. Even if that incredibly gifted economic genius, our Minister for Finance, is correct with his most recent projections, we will have borrowed about a further €13b by the time we get to the end of 2011, assuming that we can manager various other problems, including having to repay a similar sum.

Indeed we could borrow, I think, pretty well any sum our Government had in mind, over a term of about fifteen years, provided we were prepared to commit to an interest rate of about 8.8%. But remember. Every Euro borrowed at such a rate would require us to repay a total in interest of about €1.30, REQUIRING us to either cut spending or raise taxes, just to make the repayment.

I happen to think we should both increase taxes, if only a little, and cut spending, not too little. But such measures should rebound to our benefit, not to the enrichment of the Bond Markets. Such mutual benefit, is sovereignty in action.

All the best,

Eric.

• Advertisement
Advertisement