Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Web Hosting and Domain Name??

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get cheap hosting at reasonable prices?? Im looking at buying a personal domain name and get the hosting thrown in for 60 quid but I think this is pretty expensive tbh, i was hoping for around 20 quid for both but ive been searching all day and no luck!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Depends on what type of domain. A .ie would cost you €20 alone. I use freshhosting.ie find them very good. Think there a reseller of someother company but €20 a year and then another €7 or so for a .com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

yeah had a look at them and yeah i was kinda hoping for a .ie alright. yeah the domain name I kinda figured I'd have to pay for and 20 isn't bad I suppose but the hosting I was kinda hoping to get for nothing somewhere and have no ads!! Its for a portfolio and ads are a definite no no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Realistically the free hosting will never be amazing. AFAIK freshhosting.ie is the cheapest Irish based hosting. I doubt you'll find cheaper than €40 a year for a .ie & irish hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Cheers for the help!! Appreciate it!! Think Ill go with Fresh Hosting alright it seems to be the most reasonable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Once again, we do not allow hosting provider discussion or recommendations on boards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement