Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizzeria in city centre

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to organize a light bite on Friday 17 before going to a festive meetup.
    There is a group of about 12 of us. Have tried milanos and they're booked out, looking for early doors say 6.
    Any recommendations ? Looking d2 around grafton st/Dawson st

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 johnnysexsmith

Pizza Stop round the corner from the Westbury just can't think of the street name

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Gotham Cafe, the town version of Drumcondra's Independent Pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pizza Stop round the corner from the Westbury just can't think of the street name

Chatham Lane is it?

Little Caesar's Pizza on Balfe Street, Dublin 2 used to be lovely, haven't been in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament St is really good and very reasonably priced, nice friendly staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 euphx

+1 for Ciao bella roma, one of my favourites for a pizza in the city centre.

Gotham is also a good choice for you near Dawson st

There's a new enough place on Wexford, havent been but it looks nice:
    http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/hell-109261

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Ciao Bella Roma gets my vote aswell. Lovely food, lovely staff, lovely prices. Do a great early bird deal for a tenner for a pizza, small starter and a glass of wine!(not sure if this deal is still going!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

spurious wrote: »
    Gotham Cafe, the town version of Drumcondra's Independent Pizza.
    The best Pizza I've ever had, anywhere.

I haven't been to Gotham Cafe in years, but if it's still up to Independent Pizza's standards it has my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Pizza Hut on Suffolk Street, but I would agree that Gotham has better pizza, much fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Would Camden St. be too far out of the way?

Hell pizza is just a few doors from Whelans, serves really nice pizza there with interesting interior decor.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

+1 for Ciao Bella Roma.

Also, Steps of Rome on Chatham (sp?) Street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭CabanasBoy

3 of us went to Pizza Stop today for lunch, paid full whack for 3 pizza's ranging from a tenner for the cheapest to €15 for mine, I've no problem paying that for good pizza and they were nice but to be charged €3.30 for a small glass of minerals is just outrageous. I can bear (and probably would expect to pay) in the region of €2.50 but €3.30???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

carolmon wrote: »
    Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament St is really good and very reasonably priced, nice friendly staff too.

+1. A gang of us often eats there during the week too, and its always consistently good + not too expensive. Once they get to know you, they look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lynnsie

+1 for Gotham, great pizza and lots of other choices if any of the group don't like pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 pastylegs

i'd consider Pizza hut more fast food then a pizzeria tbh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ciao Bella Roma is lovely. I got the early bird just before Christmas, think it was less than €15! Got a garlic bread starter, huge pizza and a glass of house wine.

Advertisement