Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your CAO Form

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Has anybody filled theirs out yet?? So what courses ye gonna put down??
    I'm planning on filling it this weekend :)

Oh the tension :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Brainy

Starting to list course choices is the hardest part.

Get a sheet of paper and write down the courses you are interested in.

If too many try and put them in an order of preference....remember that is key to the process.....students are offered the highest preference for which they qualify.

Have you researched the courses you are putting down....make sure you know what you are applying for. Don't put down a course about which you have not read about.

Remember provided the course is not a restricted course (i.e. has to be listed before 1st February) you will be able to change your mind up to 1st July. So this can be the first attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

I've mine finished.. Thought it was great craic.. I love filling out forms..! :p

I had my courses listed since the summer so it was just a case of filling them in. Though my aunty caused me to have a rethink degree wise..! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I've only got one course in UL put down so far. There's only like three courses I want to do, but the guidance counsellor keeps saying I'll be screwed if I don't fill up all ten spaces. All the ones I want are near enough the same points too. :confused:

Absolutely no level 7s I want to do but again being told I'm screwed if I don't fill them up. :confused:

Oh well, we shall see :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Brainy wrote: »
    Have you researched the courses you are putting down....make sure you know what you are applying for. Don't put down a course about which you have not read about.

Remember provided the course is not a restricted course (i.e. has to be listed before 1st February) you will be able to change your mind up to 1st July. So this can be the first attempt.

Yup I have! I Wanna do medicine, will probably have my first few preferences medicine related, then science or biomedical science etc :) So I'm filling it out soon, otherwise I'd be leaving it to the last minute :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

i know about 4/5 course but my problem is that the course i wanna do is 435 (finance in ucc) and all the other courses i would be interested in are all lower points!

I think i can get it but like we all know its so unpredictable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I've only 4 courses i'm definitely gonna put down.
    I'm not sure whether to leave it at that or not.

Filling it up at the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

You'll never guess what I want to do: 17/20 of them are all to do with mechanical engineering :D

Level 8 Course Choices:
    1. LM073 Mechanical Engineering
    2. LM116 Engineering Choice
    3. GY405 Mechanical Engineering
    4. GY401 Engineering (Undenominated)
    5. TR032 Engineering
    6. LM040 European Studies
    7. DC195 Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
    8. DT025 Engineering - Common 1st Year
    9. DN150 Engineering
    10. TR019 Law and German

Level 7/6 Course Choices:
    1. LC851 Mechanical Engineering
    2. LC821 Engineering (Mechanical and Manufacturing)
    3. CW517 Mechanical Engineering
    4. DT006 Mechanical Engineering
    5. CR071 Mechanical Engineering
    6. DK742 Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
    7. AL010 Mechanical Engineering
    8. AL012 Mechanical Engineering
    9. AL048 Mechanical Engineering and Renewable Energies
    10. CR075 Biomedical Engineering

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

All done and dusted two weeks ago...super job. :cool:

Don't really plan on changing them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Digits wrote: »
    All done and dusted two weeks ago...super job. :cool:

Don't really plan on changing them either.

Ah you dont plan now.....but maybe in 6 months you might change your mind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

Think I'll leave it until over Christmas...pretty definite that Law & Business(UCD) is first! Just have to decide on the rest-pure Law and then Commerce..have to decide on order and where I want to do them..and then I'm sorted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

i know about 4/5 course but my problem is that the course i wanna do is 435 (finance in ucc) and all the other courses i would be interested in are all lower points!
    Sounds like you know what's going in your No. 1 spot then! ;)

Actually, it sounds like people who have posted so far on this thread have the right idea, but can I remind people generally to read the sticky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I hate filling out application forms:p.

I will probably fill out mine next week if the snow keeps up and I miss a few more days of school.

I often find I forget to do it when I come home because on school days I get too much homework anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Going for medicine, so it's a bit predictable really. Number 1 and number 2 are liable to change (a bit undecided as to whether I like Cork or Galway more...). I seriously need second choices to medicine, I like my UL course but I want more info on other Health Science courses!

1 - Medicine UCC
    2 - Medicine NUIG
    3 - Med TCD (a little pointless really, since the points will almost certainly be higher than UCC and NUIG, but ah well)
    4 - Med UCD
    5 - Med RCSI
    6 - Pharmaceutical and Industrial Chemistry UL

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

jumpguy wrote: »
    ... a bit undecided as to whether I like Galway or Galway more...
    Fixed that for ya ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Patri wrote: »
    Ah you dont plan now.....but maybe in 6 months you might change your mind :o

Nah nothing else interests me really...the order might change but i doubt the choices themselves will.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Wouldn't it be nice if we got a choice to choose between all the courses we have the requirements for after the leaving cert ,would be great to have the whole summer to think about the perfect course. Sadly this is not the case & there's nothing we can do about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

I've filled out my CAO but will probably change it. My courses are all Law, but with something else such as German or Politics attached! Not sure whether to fill out any Level 6's or 7's

Advertisement