Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Scanner in Ireland?

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Hi, i need help I want to buy a scanner, That can pick up Ambulance,fire,Airport atc, Etc... AM/WFM/FM/NFM that kind of thing, But where can you buy scanners? i looked on amazon but then Dont Deleiver then over here, only in uk, Anywhere in ireland where you can buy one?

(Also a portable scanner)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

maplin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

Long communications www.longcom.ie
    south east communications www.sec.ie
    jimbob www.mi0jbt.co.uk

all have new and decent secondhand gear

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

also checkout frequencydb as you get a great discount from the site

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

as the above poster suggests try google freq db,there is a few for sale secondhand,i have just sold a 785xlt on the site,good bunch of lads there,if you want to buy new its hard to beat this uk site http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/,
    i priced my uniden 785xlt in maplin cork and it was 498euro,i got mine off the above site inc [EMAIL="p@p"]p@p[/EMAIL] for 222 euro,i ordered on a monday evening and it was here when i got home from work on wednesday,i would rather wait a few days for delivery than get ripped of in this country,i buy all my gadgets online and normally get it for approx half of what you would pay in a bricks and mortar store,regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Agree with minterno, any scanner I've bought I've got from FrequencyDB or elsewhere online.

Strongly recommend you register and ask questions, they're very helpful and there also sticky threads with good advice for newcomers to the hobby (if that's what you are).

• Advertisement
Advertisement