Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding in Ireland?

Options
  • 01-12-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in Ireland to go? (Not a resort ofc :D)

I mean, is there anywhere that you could drive a car up and snowboard down? Near clare/galway/limerick?

Thanks.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I heard a few guys went to the top of the Nephin last year in Sligo, quad up snowboard down I guess, I was tempted to get the board out and have a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

nephins in mayo !!! , and i heard of guys snowboarding on it last year as well

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

anywhere with a hill in co. wexford/wicklow for the last week has been good

12" of snow in 3 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AkiThePirate

There are some decent slopes in the Wicklow mountains and you can pick most out with Google Earth.

If the snow gets any heavier in Kerry, all of the Carrantuohill mountains make some nice runs and Mt. Brandon is all different kinds of awesome.
    I hit up Brandon last year with an improvise snowboard and it was insane. Just make sure to watch out for any protruding rocks and dead sheep. :)

Advertisement