Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2. A bunch of money grabbing twits, right to the end.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

So glad to have escaped O2, worst thing I did was go to them, much happier with 3. Should have made the move years ago.. :D

In the end of the day, all I want to have is cheap bills, good quality phone package, cheap insurance and I couldn't give a stuff where their call centre is based. O2 are money grabbers and glad to have binned them!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

You dont have to change your priceplan when you upgrade unless your switching from a nonsmartphone plan to a smartphone plan

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    You dont have to change your priceplan when you upgrade unless your switching from a nonsmartphone plan to a smartphone plan

To be honest, I wouldn't call what O2 offer smartphone plans, rip off plans come to mind! :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

I read somewhere Gooch you have to change plans to upgrade with o2 now. It may have been on the o2 forum or here.

racer1 wrote: »
    I read somewhere Gooch you have to change plans to upgrade with o2 now. It may have been on the o2 forum or here.
    Nope you dont, ive upgraded myself, havnt changed plans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

i feckin love the op title o2.A bunch of money grabbing twits,right to the end.
    hahaha i cant stop laughing.
    personally i think they're rip offs.
    I'm switching from o2 to eMobile.

Nope you dont, ive upgraded myself, havnt changed plans

thats good to know.

when did u upgrade with them last Gooch?

November, was on an old plan, still on it :) suits me better :)

Cool im the same. Im on the Advance 150 with unlimited data. suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

racer1 wrote: »
    Cool im the same. Im on the Advance 150 with unlimited data. suits me

It's not unlimited, your paying 40/45pm for 150 minutes, 100 texts and 3GB of data.

Compare that to bob 25 or mini flex with the 10GB add on.

• Advertisement

It's not unlimited, your paying 40/45pm for 150 minutes, 100 texts and 3GB of data.

Compare that to bob 25 or mini flex with the 10GB add on.
    Free O2 to O2 aswell....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh I've had my fill of O2, customer loyalty to them means nothing, they treat you like dirt and try to fleece you every chance they get.

In the current climate, you would think a business like O2 would be doing everything in their power to keep customers, instead they are trying to fleece their existing customers with ripoff prices plans, upgrades etc..

Anyone who uses the forum might have seen my thread about how they are ripping current customers off with upgrades and charging at least 50% more to upgrade to a new phone and yet they are tied into the same contracts and price plans as new customers..

The only response I got from the so called "O2 Reps/Experts" was spend more money and you'll get the same as new customer.. I spend €2k a year with O2.. not a braincell between the lot of em.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

baztard wrote: »
    They are raping Irish mobile phone users.

I'd say it is consensual - wouldn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'd say it is consensual - wouldn't you?

Please explain?

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Ahh I've had my fill of O2, customer loyalty to them means nothing, they treat you like dirt and try to fleece you every chance they get.

In the current climate, you would think a business like O2 would be doing everything in their power to keep customers, instead they are trying to fleece their existing customers with ripoff prices plans, upgrades etc..

Anyone who uses the forum might have seen my thread about how they are ripping current customers off with upgrades and charging at least 50% more to upgrade to a new phone and yet they are tied into the same contracts and price plans as new customers..

The only response I got from the so called "O2 Reps/Experts" was spend more money and you'll get the same as new customer.. I spend €2k a year with O2.. not a braincell between the lot of em.. :rolleyes:

Excuse you, there are people here who are on that forum

Whats that meant to mean? :confused:

He has just stated his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I also moved from O2 to 3 mobile. My bills have more than halved and I am getting way more for the money. I would recommend the move to any O2 bill pay customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

i'm o2 prepay, was thinking of changing to bill pay. Whats actually attracting me is unlimited calls after 6 and at weekends. I would use calls more than texts so this would suit me. Don't think any other networks offer this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Do you work for/own O2 Ireland or something Gooch?

What does that even mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

and?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

aster99 wrote: »
    i'm o2 prepay, was thinking of changing to bill pay. Whats actually attracting me is unlimited calls after 6 and at weekends. I would use calls more than texts so this would suit me. Don't think any other networks offer this.

Every other network offers you minutes to use anytime, that's what you want, 90% of the people in this thread are x 02 for very good reasons, don't be a fool and try to learn your own lessons, we've already learnt them for you.

I was looking at the €60 a month package. 350 mins and 150 texts and 1gb of data. Then i can have a free extra, which i was going to pick as free calls to any network and landlines after 6 and at weekends.

Do other networks offer something similar?

It would suit me to be able to use the phone after 6 for calls and not have to be watching the minutes. Then the 350 mins would be enough to cover any daytime calls i would need to make in the month. 150 texts is plenty for me, would not use more than that. The 1gb of data is a small problem, if it was 2gb i'd be happier.

Gucky wrote: »
    Do you work for/own O2 Ireland or something Gooch?

What does that even mean?

No i dont
    ingen wrote: »
    and?

It was offensive, im an expert on that forum

I was looking at the €60 a month package. 350 mins and 150 texts and 1gb of data. Then i can have a free extra, which i was going to pick as free calls to any network and landlines after 6 and at weekends.

Do other networks offer something similar?

It would suit me to be able to use the phone after 6 for calls and not have to be watching the minutes. Then the 350 mins would be enough to cover any daytime calls i would need to make in the month. 150 texts is plenty for me, would not use more than that. The 1gb of data is a small problem, if it was 2gb i'd be happier.

Three have a plan for 60 euro too. Its 650 flexi units 2Gb data and a free extra one of which is unlimited landline calls in ireland. You can use your flexi units for calls or texts.

thanks ya, i looked at that plan from 3. its excellent and i would go for it if the free extra was unlimited calls to mobiles. i wouldn't call landlines much. the unlimited calls to mobiles after 6 and weekends is whats pulling me to the O2 plan

thanks ya, i looked at that plan from 3. its excellent and i would go for it if the free extra was unlimited calls to mobiles. i wouldn't call landlines much. the unlimited calls to mobiles after 6 and weekends is whats pulling me to the O2 plan
    Yeah its a good deal that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

And the best bit of advice to a €2k a year customer who is looking to be treated the same as a new customer is to "spend more money"...

Great advice there :rolleyes:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    And the best bit of advice to a €2k a year customer who is looking to be treated the same as a new customer is to "spend more money"...

Great advice there :rolleyes:
    Its not exactly news that new customers get better deals on mobile networks is it?

Its not exactly news that new customers get better deals on mobile networks is it?

That isn't the case with 3 though :) My Dad is now leaving vodafone and going to 3, he can't wait to get his phone today :)

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    That isn't the case with 3 though :) My Dad is now leaving vodafone and going to 3, he can't wait to get his phone today :)
    It is though ive seen the upgrade bands on 3 (used to work in CPW)

also thats not an upgrade....

Advertisement