Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2. A bunch of money grabbing twits, right to the end.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    It is though ive seen the upgrade bands on 3 (used to work in CPW)

also thats not an upgrade....

Whats not an upgrade? :confused:

You should get O2 to pay you for all the times you defend them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

angel01 wrote: »
    Whats not an upgrade? :confused:

You should get O2 to pay you for all the times you defend them :D
    Moving from vodafone to 3

Moving from vodafone to 3

It certainly is, Vodafone are too expensive and not what my Dad wants, he wants good service, be cheaper and he gets a brand new phone so all ok there...

You seem to have such a dislike of 3, can I ask why?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Its not exactly news that new customers get better deals on mobile networks is it?

I never said it was, but O2 are one of the worst for treating their existing customers like dirt and its no wonder they are losing customers in droves..

Most of my family and friends have moved away from them and I am in the process of following doing the same..

The company I work for have also done the same, as O2 were incapable of giving them basic support on their blackberry units.. in fact out of all the suppliers they deal with (and there are a lot of them!!), O2 were rated as one of the worst for after sales service, support and general business dealings.

No idea who runs their business there, but they need to open their eyes and realise that if they continue on the path they are on, they wont have a business to run in the near future..

Kinda speaks for itself.. you can support them all you want, but after 12 years of custom and a hell of a lot of money spent with them (Esat Digifone/O2) I am finally seeing sense and walking away..

I dont really have a dislike of 3 as such, just their customer service.

And you know exactly what i mean by an Upgrade :/

• Advertisement

I dont really have a dislike of 3 as such, just their customer service.

And you know exactly what i mean by an Upgrade :/

He is getting a new phone, his last one is 10 years old so yes that is an upgrade to him. He is getting better value for his money and that is more important then where the customer service are based.

I for one, have come to speak to Patrick from 3 on these forums and I have not one bad word to say about him or the customer service. I get value for my money and that is all I care about in the end of the day.

angel01 wrote: »
    He is getting a new phone, his last one is 10 years old so yes that is an upgrade to him. He is getting better value for his money and that is more important then where the customer service are based.

I for one, have come to speak to Patrick from 3 on these forums and I have not one bad word to say about him or the customer service. I get value for my money and that is all I care about in the end of the day.
    I know Patrick personally, hes a good guy, but unfortunatly the rest of their customer care is awful.

Also doesnt change, the fact youre backtracking

• Registered Users Posts: 28,228 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I know Patrick personally, hes a good guy, but unfortunatly the rest of their customer care is awful.

Also doesnt change, the fact youre backtracking

Did ye both go to customer care school together?:rolleyes:

As for backtracking, That's absolute crap, 3's got the biggest 3G network in the country by a long shot, moving to o2 or any other network would be like stepping back into the middle ages for me. I've tried it.
    I also wouldn't be able to video call miss monkey on that third world network of o2's.

Did ye both go to customer care school together?:rolleyes:

As for backtracking, That's absolute crap, 3's got the biggest 3G network in the country by a long shot, moving to o2 or any other network would be like stepping back into the middle ages for me. I've tried it.
    I also wouldn't be able to video call miss monkey on that third world network of o2's.
    Lol video calling one of the most pointless features ever, you notice alot of high end smartphones dont even bother with front facing cameras anymore?

You also have no idea what im talking about, i was backtracking in reference to the way she called it an upgrade, when its not, its a port. I said that its not news that new customers get better deals, and what is the person in question? a new customer, wait till next year rolls around and you find how bad the upgrade deals are on 3 :)

Also ive just met him before, my girlfriend used to work with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

Its telefonica as an organisation. I have friends in other countries where they operate and they describe them as very expensive. The only way for people to get value is to port there number for the best deal.I dont believe that customer service should be the min reason to stay with an operator. At the end of the day i believe its down to value for money. At the moment o2 have the worst value out there closely followed by vodafone. I believe that Meteor and 3 and now emobile offer far better value if your looking for mins text and data. But everyones individual needs are different so that has to be taken into account too.

• Advertisement

racer1 wrote: »
    Its telefonica as an organisation. I have friends in other countries where they operate and they describe them as very expensive. The only way for people to get value is to port there number for the best deal.I dont believe that customer service should be the min reason to stay with an operator. At the end of the day i believe its down to value for money. At the moment o2 have the worst value out there closely followed by vodafone. I believe that Meteor and 3 and now emobile offer far better value if your looking for mins text and data. But everyones individual needs are different so that has to be taken into account too.

good point, can we leave it at that? cos im bored of this now

Lol video calling one of the most pointless features ever

Says the man on o2 who can't sexy call his woman:D

lol i dont need to, shes not that far away! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Lol video calling one of the most pointless features ever, you notice alot of high end smartphones dont even bother with front facing cameras anymore?
    Which is most likely because most phone networks gouge so much on the cost of the videocall that nobody in their right minds would use it.
    Plus Skype on mobiles has rubbish or no videocall support.
    "alot of high end smartphones dont even bother with front facing cameras anymore" = iFawn

I've been using video calls for the last 4 years straight from my phone, never got charged for them.

Ye sound a bit like the guys with the square wheels saying the round wheel will never catch on.

Look at the amount of people who skype video call, face time is a bit of a farce but video calls can rock besides that.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Which is most likely because most phone networks gouge so much on the cost of the videocall that nobody in their right minds would use it.
    Plus Skype on mobiles has rubbish or no videocall support.
    "alot of high end smartphones dont even bother with front facing cameras anymore" = iFawn
    iFawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The amount of fanboy love for networks in here is laughable, some people get value from vodafone, some from O2, some from 3, it depends on the persons usage, this "zomg 3 do this way better move there!!!" thing is ridiculous. all the networks have their advantages and disadvantages, shop around, find out whats best FOR YOU and leave the fanboys debate the pros* and cons of video calling themselves.

*not many, its sh1t

We are hardly fanboys, we can just see the likes of O2 for what they really are.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭immature ejaculation

When did O2 change their terms and conditions? Im 13 months into a 18 month contract on the 350 plan and rang up to ask about an upgrade and was told I had to wait until April. Even though the only reason I went with the 18 month contract was because the girl in the shop told me that I would be get an upgrade after 12 months.

the only reason I went with the 18 month contract was because the girl in the shop told me that I would be get an upgrade after 12 months.

She's wrong. I'd be going back looking for her and asking her to send a mail to customer care saying it was a store error and you were wrongly advised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

When did O2 change their terms and conditions? Im 13 months into a 18 month contract on the 350 plan and rang up to ask about an upgrade and was told I had to wait until April. Even though the only reason I went with the 18 month contract was because the girl in the shop told me that I would be get an upgrade after 12 months.

Do you really want to upgrade with o2?

If so if I was you I would get on too customer care and ask for a supervisor. Tell them you were misled when signing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

*Bump*

Sorry to drag up old thread, thought this worthy of resurrecting the thread.

My wife is (stil) an o2 customer though, and like me had been loyal for the last 6 or 7 years. Right now her current contract expires on the 8th of Feb. She currently spends around 70 euro a month and had been locked into an 18 month contract.
    She called last night to enquire if, when contact expired would she get an upgrade.

Not currently entitled to one, call back at the end of Feb was her reply.

Shes visiting her friendly neighbourhood 3 store at the weekend to pick up her free I phone 4 at the weekend, and getting a way better deal into the bargain.

O2, you'd need to sit up and take notice pretty soon, how many more will leave before your pig headedness destroys you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I Judy moved from o2 to 3. Free txt for 15e to anynetwork plus 60units which can be calls or data usage. Feckin brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Just worked it out that she (cough, we) had spent in the region of 1360 over the duration of the contract.

No upgrade after that?

Bye bye

Advertisement