Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating - Labour Rates

Options
  • 02-12-2010 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

What do you folks estimate a reasonable difference would be for a blocklayer placing sheets of insulation in the cavity vs not placing it? Presumably there is a small difference per block in the rates for these?
    Also, how many square metres could you reasonably expect per person per day installing rafterlock type insulation?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Having opened up my house in numerous places as part of my extension, I found so many gaps between the insulation boards and the inner wall that I would never consider using partial fill wall insulation.

Anyway, on your question, I got a few quotes for the extension and the question of not having to install insulation boards was never an issue.

Im guessing that the blocklayers look at the job based on the size, complexity and number of windows, installing window cills, RSJ's and lintols over doors, DPC around windows, soap bars and engineered bricks, size and number of chimneys to build, foundation depths, etc etc and putting in some insulation boards isn't really seen as a big issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Thanks for the reply SoldSold. Has anyone an estimate on how much rafterloc type insulation one man could install per day? A very rough estimate would do...

Advertisement