Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safest bank is

Options
  • 02-12-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this? Between all the banking institutions which one is the safest place for your cash right now. AIb? TSB? Credit union? etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Your not going to get an answer here, read the facts make your own decision would be the best course of action!

Speculation threads aren't for this forum. Especially ones about how safe various banks are.

Mods Please lock

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Your not going to get an answer here, read the facts make your own decision would be the best course of action!

Speculation threads aren't for this forum. Especially ones about how safe various banks are.

Mods Please lock

Richie ye banker:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I still reckon Ireland won't default, especially on deposits. Any bank would be ok. A lot of people are leaning towards Rabo now it seems pretty bulletproof if your not comfortable with the Irish system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this? Between all the banking institutions which one is the safest place for your cash right now. AIb? TSB? Credit union? etc...

My cash? I won't have more than 100,000 lying round to put in the bank any time soon so any bank will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭IpreDictDeatH

Yea ive noticed alot of people talking about 'non-irish' banks. Permanent TSB seems solid too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

All the banks are the same. If one goes, they all go. And I'm not just talking about Ireland! It's very simple. Both Leinster House and Brussels both recognise the importance of not letting any bank fail. Hence, arguably, the top EU policy since the crisis began several years ago has been to do whatever it takes to make sure no European bank fails.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Speculative threads are not permitted on this forum. OP, please ensure you read the forum charter and abide by it while posting.

If users see a post which goes against forum rules, please use the report post function.

Thread Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement