Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Metal Detector

• 02-12-2010 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Where could I buy a metal detector in Waterford. Freind after losing a set of keys in the snow and there is no hope of finding them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

angry_fox wrote: »
    Where could I buy a metal detector in Waterford. Freind after losing a set of keys in the snow and there is no hope of finding them.
    Argos had some in their catalogues.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

Can't think of anywhere in waterford that sells them and they're pretty expensive either way (70 euro+ for a basic model). I got my nephew a kids detector in Smyths a while back, which worked remarkably well. Cost around 15-20 euro. Might do the trick and you can always hand it on to a relative when ur done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

ring around the tool hire places and you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

A few years ago I rented one from Waterford Hire. They were at the roundabout on the Tramore Road but have moved now. But, as the poster above says, you could try various hire firms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Smyths Toys sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

hi andry fox i have one im in tramore if i could help in anyway its just with the conditions of the snow it would be hard to get a good reading from anything as if theres any minerals in the snow etc .but if you know wherabouts they might be you could be lucky and aswell my metal dectector has a water proof search coil so its handy .i could maybe loan it to you if u want .> let me no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Well angry fox am thrilled them keys were found:p:p

Advertisement