Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Tactical 223

Options
  • 02-12-2010 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at getting a Tikka T3 Tactical in 223.

Is there any issue with licencing that?

I have a 22 and shotgun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

There shouldn't be as long as you have a good reason for having it :) Think it ticks the boxes for bolt action, repeater. Should be straight forward enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

defib wrote: »

Without being a dick, is there any particular reason you ask? Or is it out of curiosity/information gathering?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

defib wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking at getting a Tikka T3 Tactical in 223.

I have a 22 and shotgun.

There should be no problem licensing that rifle.
    You already have bin ok'd for firearms so you already meet the crytera needed ie no record with the Garda.
    As John said as long as you have good reason to have that rifle/caliber as you already have a rifle.
    If you say you want it for target shooting then you will have to join a range to back that up.
    What I did was apply for it as vermin control for several sheep farmers that I have permission to shoot for and on gun club land.

All that said I would say you are probbubly worried about the word "tactical".
    All I can say is you are applying for a tikka t3. So when filling out your application you fill in tikka where it asks for maker and t3 where it asks for modle

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

Thanks that answered my question.

The wording "tactical"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

That model is actually called the "Tikka T3 TAC" - it's not called "tactical" as it's not a tactical rifle (whatever that is:rolleyes:) anyway: http://www.tikka.fi/t3models.php?tac

Other than the barrel finish, it's pretty much the same rifle as the T3 SuperVarmint.

All things being equal, there should be no reason why you can't licence this .223 rifle just like any other (assuming you have "good reason" and tick all the other boxes).

Off the topic, here's a nice new rifle from Tikka - the T3 Sporter:cool:
    TikkaT3Sporter.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Depends on where you live my Super is still refusing to licence 223's afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I just put down Tikka T3 when applying for my cert and had no problem.

Rifle is currently for sale here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056002561

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

My local gun shop is doing a great deal on T3 tac's
    I got one just waiting on the licence

Well worth looking at

www.sportsden.ie

Advertisement