Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1day overdraft

Options
  • 02-12-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

HI all,

I had a negative bank account with AIB for one day since there was "an error in computer" at work so payslip got delayed. As this is the first time that I am going negative will I be charged for overdraft ?

It was -350 eur for one day.

thx all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Something small like €3.50. Its like that in BOI for first time OD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

If your employer contractually pays you on a certain day of the month and there is a history of them doing so, then if they pay you late, you can reasonably expect them to bear the cost of any bank charges

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davo22

HI good to know.

I have this account since 5 years and so far never had any negative amount so I would expect that the bank will close an eye on this.. [whooops.. that's a bank.. ;) ]

Will keep you informed in next days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davo22

OK, got results and I have been charged 10 euro.

Funny thing is that they did send the standing order because there were insufficient funds.

So I have been charged because of what...? Since at the end no operations took place that day.

Would have made more sense to just do not make the standing order and then next day call the customer and say.. bla blah blah...

In a moment when everyone is talking about banks it would have made sense to use a bit of common sense.

Advertisement