Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numeric sequences please help!

Options
  • 02-12-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody else ever experienced numeric sequences............... I tend only to look at a clock/watch when it's 01:01, 01:10, 12:12, 15:15, 14:41. These are all just examples but I tend always to see the time in that type of sequence.

I am spiritually minded but don't tend to practice any form just try and do good every day for those I meet and stay positive!!

Can anybody elaborate on this?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There is another old thread on noticing the number 11 here, sorry I cant link to it right now.

Two schools of thought on this. One, youre seeing a pattern that isnt there. Ie, you only notice the numbers you feel are significant. Two, the pattern is trying to tell you something. To be honest, I wouldnt stress about it, its something you can easily ignore which I think is the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 GrahamR1980

...just try and do good every day for those I meet and stay positive!!

Wish more would do similar! :)

IMO if you are noticing sequences its just that you are fixated on sequences and you just notice them more and more the more you get fixated with them, I think its a tinchy tiny bit OCD but every one has their own nuances! :P

If it was a case of a sign for spirit its usually MUCH MUCH simpler e.g. Uncle Bob wore a jersey with the number 21 on it and you just associate one with the other but if this is the case you usually get a 'feeling' at the same time. Just like a quick Hi from Uncle Bob!!

The time, energy and inclination a spirit would need to set up all that sequence would be a bit OTT that if they wanted to communicate they would simple appear and say Hi! :)

Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭neilr4

IMO if you are noticing sequences its just that you are fixated on sequences and you just notice them more and more the more you get fixated with them, I think its a tinchy tiny bit OCD but every one has their own nuances! :P
    Graham

OCD? Hmmmmm!! I have used that as an example whilst trying to explain it away but it's not!

I don't have it constantly, most days I see regular numbers not in sequence and then some days I see only sequences! I'm very grounded as a person and always either try to ignore anything out of the ordinary.

I am well aware of what I see and I didn't post for opinions from people who don't experience something similar.

Thank you for your replies!

I used to experience it, usually number plates with 3 same digits in them.

I eventually found out that it was a nudge to get back to spirituallity.

I dont see them any more since have gotten more spirituality sensitive.

If you believe you are on a spiritual route then explore it a bit more.

If not and you are REALLY into numerology and want to focus on it then maybe a sign to get into it deeper!
    http://www.spiritual-path.com/numerology.htm

Have a google for 'Life Codes' especially Heidi Sawyer's version, her Life Codes course is great fun! :)

When you have found your 'path' you will probably see them constantly for a day or so and then just disappear!

Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Your brain is built for pattern matching, assigning meaning to whatever it can.
    Keep and eye out for one my old friends favourite '127', once you see that regularly try for a different pattern. Eventually you'll see anything can be made to have a pattern.

• Advertisement

If not and you are REALLY into numerology and want to focus on it then maybe a sign to get into it deeper!

Not to be a party pooper, but numerology is largely discredited and abandoned by scientists and mathematicians. Wiki, read summary

numerology is largely discredited and abandoned by scientists and mathematicians

Thats why scientists and mathematicians never admit their occupation on the first day of a course! :P

I used to experience it, usually number plates with 3 same digits in them.

I eventually found out that it was a nudge to get back to spirituallity.

I dont see them any more since have gotten more spirituality sensitive.

If you believe you are on a spiritual route then explore it a bit more.

Have a google for 'Life Codes' especially Heidi Sawyer's version, her Life Codes course is great fun! :)

When you have found your 'path' you will probably see them constantly for a day or so and then just disappear!

Graham

Thank you Graham at least this gives me something to work with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

Hi OP. I see 11.11 all the time! Other variations of this are 11.00 - 1.11 and so fourth, but usually just plain old 11.11. It is uncanny how often this happens, I'll be sitting reading a book or cooking or whatever and for some reason I cant understand whenever I bother to glance at a clock it always reads the same time. People can think it's a coincidence all they want but I'm sure nobody can explain to me why the same coincidence keeps on happening every day at the exact same time!

It's not only with clocks that this happens, these numbers just keep showing up in my life. For example I got myself a new driving licence last month and when I checked to see when it was due to expire (I'm still on my L plates) lo and behold it's due to expire on 11.11.11

I'm sure nobody can explain to me why the same coincidence keeps on happening every day at the exact same time!

Explanation; it's to do with the time of day.

How many other times a day do you look at the time?
    How many days go by without you seeing the 1:11 or 11:11?

If the answer to either of these questions is "I don't know." then there is nothing going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

There are clocks everywhere, in my kitchen alone there is the clock on the cooker, microwave, the computer and 2 mobile phones. I'd imagine not 5 mins goes by without me just glancing at one of those clocks without even realising it. If I was fixated on a pattern, I'm sure I'd notice it on one of the many times I've looked at the clock.

Explanation; it's to do with the time of day.

I have to say you've got a point there! Lol :D
    How many other times a day do you look at the time?

A few, and there's never been any other noticable sequence or pattern.
    How many days go by without you seeing the 1:11 or 11:11?

None, absolutely none, honestly. It wasn't always the case that it was every day of the week but this last few months it has been, which I guess would be really freaky if I was the sort of person to be easily freaked out!

If it was just watches, phones and clocks I'd have to wonder was it something to do with my brain/body actually sensing the time and knowing what I was about to see before I looked at it, but it is not just the time. As I said these numbers are showing up in other ways that have nothing to do with the time. For instance I'll be reading a book and when I pick it up again I find I left it open to page 111, or I'll make a list of bills I have to pay or things I need to buy and it'll add up to a load of ones.

It's just something I've noticed and accept as beyond coincidence, but I am not asking anyone else to accept that on my part. I don't need anyone to, to be honest.

I know exactly what you mean, a friend pointed out 127 and it started popping up everywhere. It pops up quite a lot in programming and such.

I don't think there is anything to it, it's just a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

This is a common sub-conscious phenomenon, no need to worry about it. Happens my GF all the time; every day she checks the time passively at 19:16, and yes, she is a history nut. It's similar to how if you go to bed worrying about waking up early on time for something that you find you wake up just in time.

Hi OP. I see 11.11 all the time! Other variations of this are 11.00 - 1.11 and so fourth, but usually just plain old 11.11. It is uncanny how often this happens, I'll be sitting reading a book or cooking or whatever and for some reason I cant understand whenever I bother to glance at a clock it always reads the same time. People can think it's a coincidence all they want but I'm sure nobody can explain to me why the same coincidence keeps on happening every day at the exact same time!

It's not only with clocks that this happens, these numbers just keep showing up in my life. For example I got myself a new driving licence last month and when I checked to see when it was due to expire (I'm still on my L plates) lo and behold it's due to expire on 11.11.11

BINGO Elle that's what i have!!! My girlfriend gets it too though not only with 1's...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I don't know why people see the same set of numbers on clocks or wherever else in their lives continually, but I don't think there's anything to it. This '11:11 must have mystical significance'-type assertion has only cropped up during the last few years and has been 'bolstered' by angel believers like Doreen Virtue and Diana Cooper. They talk about 11:11, 22:22, etc, as meaning stuff like you're "on a pathway to ascension" or your divine higher purpose is unfolding (paraphrasing here), or whatever the bloody hell else, yet you don't hear about anyone having mighty, evidently life-changing experiences afterwards as a result of seeing such number sequences recurrently.

I've often noticed numbers myself popping up on repeated occasions but, as much as this makes my heart bleed, I haven't noticed anything noteworthy to it simply beyond seeing the numbers in the first place.

It's bloody ridiculous. All of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

i hadnt a clue what this topic was about when i opened it first, but was surprised cause this happens to me every now and then.. ill experience days where i just see the time in double digits.. eg 10.10, 12.12, 15.15, etc.. i had just gotten as far as Elle Collins first post and glanced at the time.. guess what.. 01.11! life is funny that way eh :) for me though its usually just double digits, not reversed like 14.41.. or even 01.11.

ive never thought too much about it, but when it happens its quite consistent on that particular day.. enough for me to ask other people if it ever happens to them. most ppl think im just being daft but my brother did mention it happens to him as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I don't know why people see the same set of numbers on clocks or wherever else in their lives continually, but I don't think there's anything to it. This '11:11 must have mystical significance'-type assertion has only cropped up during the last few years and has been 'bolstered' by angel believers like Doreen Virtue and Diana Cooper. They talk about 11:11, 22:22, etc, as meaning stuff like you're "on a pathway to ascension" or your divine higher purpose is unfolding (paraphrasing here), or whatever the bloody hell else, yet you don't hear about anyone having mighty, evidently life-changing experiences afterwards as a result of seeing such number sequences recurrently.

I've often noticed numbers myself popping up on repeated occasions but, as much as this makes my heart bleed, I haven't noticed anything noteworthy to it simply beyond seeing the numbers in the first place.

It's bloody ridiculous. All of it.
    Being a kind of practical sort, I agree with you. We are pattern seeking creatures. But with a small maybe added. I used to get this happening, I replied to another thread on it years ago. It was only ever a curious phenomenon to me, but I suppose the woo woo side of me took it as a nod to follow my instincts. Or something. :) Subsequently my life has completely changed in pretty massive ways, most of which have been very positive, and as a result of following a personal and spiritual (not religious) path. Was it because of the number 11? I dont really think so, but I suppose I was at a point where I was changing my outlook and awareness and the number thing was part of that. I dont see number patterns anymore. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mollypink

I see this too, not a lot anymore but I used to especially 4.44.....if you believe in angels (I dunno if you do) its them trying to make contact with you, not in a scary way but just to let you know they are around and protecting you :) I think its kinda sweet :)))

They talk about 11:11, 22:22, etc, as meaning stuff like you're "on a pathway to ascension" or your divine higher purpose is unfolding (paraphrasing here), or whatever the bloody hell else, yet you don't hear about anyone having mighty, evidently life-changing experiences afterwards as a result of seeing such number sequences recurrently...

But the theory doesn't suggest that life-changing experiences are as a result of seeing the number sequences MrMogoRisin. It suggests that the numerical sequences are simply indicators of a process that is happening independent of them.

• Advertisement

mollypink wrote: »
    I see this too, not a lot anymore but I used to especially 4.44.....if you believe in angels (I dunno if you do) its them trying to make contact with you, not in a scary way but just to let you know they are around and protecting you :) I think its kinda sweet :)))

Surely a post-it would be more suitable.
    (inb4 dead srs, dnt call Shirley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

mollypink wrote: »
    if you believe in angels (I dunno if you do) its them trying to make contact with you

Yeah I've got this clock (had it quite a while now), and at certain very predictable times of the day, an angel comes out of it. Sometimes it stays out longer than others and its appearance always coincides with an angelsong which sounds something like 'CUCKOO', 'CUCKOO'.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? It really is a spiritually uplifting experience.

I'll try and get some photos.

Oryx wrote: »
    Being a kind of practical sort, I agree with you. We are pattern seeking creatures.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - people see patterns whenever, wherever and however they see fit. It's all a bit woolly-minded.
    Oryx wrote: »
    But with a small maybe added. I used to get this happening, I replied to another thread on it years ago. It was only ever a curious phenomenon to me, but I suppose the woo woo side of me took it as a nod to follow my instincts. Or something. :) Subsequently my life has completely changed in pretty massive ways, most of which have been very positive, and as a result of following a personal and spiritual (not religious) path. Was it because of the number 11? I dont really think so, but I suppose I was at a point where I was changing my outlook and awareness and the number thing was part of that. I dont see number patterns anymore. :)

Well, at least you got something positive and tangible out of it, whether or not it was directly and fully attributable to the numbers thing. As you more-or-less said yourself, that's debatable, but it didn't do any harm. So how bad.

So I think we'll count you as one 'the-mystical-significance-of-numbers-changed-my-life!' success stories. :) There might even be a segment on it on Jeremy Kyle or Oprah some day, lol. :D

gondorff wrote: »
    Yeah I've got this clock (had it quite a while now), and at certain very predictable times of the day, an angel comes out of it. Sometimes it stays out longer than others and its appearance always coincides with an angelsong which sounds something like 'CUCKOO', 'CUCKOO'.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? It really is a spiritually uplifting experience.

I'll try and get some photos.

I'm sorry now, but that just gave me the best laugh I've had today! :pac:

I've now been spiritually uplifted too! :p

But the theory doesn't suggest that life-changing experiences are as a result of seeing the number sequences MrMogoRisin. It suggests that the numerical sequences are simply indicators of a process that is happening independent of them.

But sure what good is it then when the numbers thing is only related to stuff independent of your life? What's the point of that?

In any case, all the spiritual/New Age literature states that 'we're all one' in this world anyway; that we're 'all woven by, and interconnected with, the same divine fabric', blahblahblah. I don't know myself yet (I'll wait and see how things pan out on that front), but I just thought there that it's funny how we have a universe - 'uni-verse', like. Uni being related to 'one' or 'all'. Ha, ha.

But that 'we're all connected' oft-uttered belief would contradict the belief that something on a spiritual level could be happening independently of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

This has been happening to me with about a year. Almost everytime I look at the clock the same numbers are repeated. 11:11, 4:44, 23:23 etc It happens with other things as well like when I hang up the phone, it will say call length 2.22.
    I was driving into town recently and I looked at the car clock and the time was 11.11. When I got into town a neon sign over the chemists had the date on it 11/11 and temp 11C:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

wonder how often youd notice this if all we had were analog clocks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have often wondered about this myself. I often wake to see 12:34 on the clock beside me or look at the clock at 22:22, or some other sequence of numbers. Thought it was just me:D. I also find the numbers 2, 7, 3 and 9, which are all in my date of birth, repeatedly show up for me, in other unrelated areas. Ha, pity they wouldn't come up on the lotto:). And as for the numbers 3 and 7, I was born in '73 and my Dad in '37. I'm 37 and Dad passed away a couple of months ago aged 73. Kinda strange....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

im just wondering should we also view mathematics as paranormal too as it can do amazing things with numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

maccored wrote: »
    im just wondering should we also view mathematics as paranormal too as it can do amazing things with numbers?

Yeah, but mathematics not random as such though is it:rolleyes::). There is an explanation to it. Sometimes you can't explain away how certain numbers show up for you, not easily anyway.....

Advertisement