Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numeric sequences please help!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

maths isn't actually completely explainable.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just as an interesting aside to all this number malarky:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthday_problem

If you have 23 random people in a room, there is a 50% chance that two of them will share a birthday. What we think of as random coincidence or a sign, is just probability at work.

Aint numbers great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

Just thought I'd report that last night I had the book-closing at 111 experience again, and the 11.11 on the clock has happened every single day since I last posted, but that is so routine it's not even surprising anymore. Today I had to come in late to work and looked at the digital clock in the car when I pulled up, and yeah, wouldn't you know, 11.11!

I even tried turning my clock around a few nights back thinking that maybe I was seeing this out of the corner of my eye and it was registering on an unconcious level causing me to look, but no, when I turned the clock around to check the time getting in to bed it was 11.01. Forgot to set the alarm and turned it back around a little later and it was 11.11.

Lately there are just feckin one's everyplace!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I really reckon it's mostly just a body clock thing for the clock stuff. I have a weird body clock and can usually predict the time with an error margin of a few seconds to up to about 5-6 minutes (e.g. if I set a timer for, say, an hour, I usually react a few seconds before the timer goes off, even if it's nowhere in sight). I reckon the 11:11 business is just a variation of Pavlov's Dogs paired with the body clock.

Just thought I'd report that last night I had the book-closing at 111 experience again, and the 11.11 on the clock has happened every single day since I last posted, but that is so routine it's not even surprising anymore. Today I had to come in late to work and looked at the digital clock in the car when I pulled up, and yeah, wouldn't you know, 11.11!

I even tried turning my clock around a few nights back thinking that maybe I was seeing this out of the corner of my eye and it was registering on an unconcious level causing me to look, but no, when I turned the clock around to check the time getting in to bed it was 11.01. Forgot to set the alarm and turned it back around a little later and it was 11.11.

Lately there are just feckin one's everyplace!!! :D
    Ask 'it', who or whatever is doing it, for a different number. Seriously. See if it changes. :)

• Advertisement

liah wrote: »
    I reckon the 11:11 business is just a variation of Pavlov's Dogs paired with the body clock.

I'd be inclined to agree with you Liah but for the fact that it pops up in other ways that have nothing to do with my body clock :confused:

Oryx wrote: »
    Ask 'it', who or whatever is doing it, for a different number. Seriously. See if it changes. :)

Lol, I'll give it a go - how bout the lotto numbers?! :D

Lol, I'll give it a go - how bout the lotto numbers?! :D
    Nah, gave up looking for them ages ago. The messers wont tell you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

I have been waking up the last few nights at 2.45 or 3.45 then I will wake again about two hours later and its always at .45.

I only fully registered this morning that I woke up twice last night 2.45 and 5.45 and then woke up fully at 7.45!! so .45 is my thing at the moment :)

Advertisement