Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing H drive from home

Options
  • 02-12-2010 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hey

I have a 90% completed assignment due for Friday, saved in my H drive. Obviously with snow and stuff, I need to finish at home rather than in college tomorrow.

One used to be able to get into there via a link in UCD connect, but I just tried it and that link isn't working for me.

Anyone able to offer advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

That link worked for me a few days ago. My only guess is it mightn't work at this time in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I found that connection to be unreliable at times this semester

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's working now. I would definitely expect IT Services to make sure it works reliably during the campus closure at least during the daytime and evening. In the early hours of the morning, I'd expect outages for backups or other maintenance.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

If using IE 8 it needs compatibility view enabled (button to right hand side of address bar)

Also it launches in a new window so pop ups must be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Could ye please tell me how to find this link? I never knew it existed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

gamgsam wrote: »
    Could ye please tell me how to find this link? I never knew it existed!

http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/filestorageandfilesharing/howtoaccessyourhomedirectoryorhdrive/
    1. Access via UCD Connect
    Step A
    Login to UCD Connect. Find out how to login to UCD Connect.

Step B
    In the My Files channel, click on the H: link.

This will open your home directory.

Find out how to open, close and save files in your H drive via UCD Connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its a shame the whole range of IT facilities that are available to students isn't known. There is a great deal of stuff there. A lot of them are fairly hard to find but the are worth looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Advertisement