Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless lady

Options
  • 02-12-2010 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

Does anyone know the lady (whom I presume is homeless) that walks around with loads of plastic bags with different things in them. She always wears a hat of some description, be it a scarf or a peak cap. Sometimes can looked very dolled up but you could tell she is homeless. The reason I'm writing this is because I saw her today walking in the snow in lower Dorset st towards drumcondra and she had a long coat on her with A fur hood, loads of plastic bags and on her feet a pair of ankle socks with flip flops. Her ankles were in rag order and ever since I cannot get her outta my mind, hoping she is not out in this weather.

I have seen her loads of times before like on o Connell street, Dublin airport and the old ballymun road- always walking with her plastic bags looking very sad. I'd say she is late 60's.

Does anyone know who I'm talkin bout?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

Ah, God help the poor soul ... and bless you, for caring!

Perhaps one of these agencies, which I found online, might help track down a person who knows of her or knows someone else who might.

At 65 and fairly broke, I can only think "there but for the Grace of God ..." Will keep her - and you - in my prayers.

Dublin Simon Rough Sleeper Team
    Providing a range of services to those sleeping rough.
    T – 01 872 0185
    F – 01 872 2378
    ---
    Depaul Ireland
    Dublin Office/
    18 Nicholas Street,
    Chistchurch, Dublin 8.
    00353 (0) 1 453 7111 / T
    depaul@depaulireland.org / E
    ---
    The Homeless Agency
    Parkgate Hall
    6-9 Conyngham Road
    Dublin 8
    Opening hours: 9am to 5pm. Monday to Friday.
    Tel: (01) 703 6100
    Web: www.homelessagency.ie
    Health Service Executive: 'The Streets'
    Tel: (01) 4745400 and ask for Ms. Tracey Smith.
    Email: tracey.smith@hse.ie

Advertisement