Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnham snowballs

Options
  • 02-12-2010 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12 iano1

Anybody drive through Rathfarnham yesterday near tesco? I drove through and got pelted with snow and iceballs off about 200 kids, was a fuppin joke the little b*****ds were trying to open my doors and my boot. It was hard enough to drive without knocking over some little sh*t thats pelting your car. My car has now 2 dents along the side panel. I was close to getting out and killing one of them, just had to let out some steam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

iano1 wrote: »
    Anybody drive through Rathfarnham yesterday near tesco? I drove through and got pelted with snow and iceballs off about 200 kids, was a fuppin joke the little b*****ds were trying to open my doors and my boot. It was hard enough to drive without knocking over some little sh*t thats pelting your car. My car has now 2 dents along the side panel. I was close to getting out and killing one of them, just had to let out some steam.

Some twerp did that to me yesterday...I was in an estate and tried to jam on to stop and chase the buggers, by the time id stopped they were long gone...took me 100m or so from 15mph to stop!

Screamed after them so the whole estate now knows what little brats they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Something similar happened to a car in front of me today out near park west. It was actually quite scary, the little fcukers put tyres down on the road so the woman couldn't drive on, they were trying to open her doors, pelting snowballs at her, kicking in her door, and broke her mirrors, and they threw a tyre at her windscreen. They were screaming at her really aggressively too to open her doors. They let her go on eventually but god love the woman she must have been shaken. The lads couldn't have been more than about 14 though! Called the police, but didn't hang around. Hope something was done about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Yeap that will be the holylands estate kids. Little knackers the lot of them. "Ah sure they are just having a bit of fun" is what their parents would say.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Mister men wrote: »
    Yeap that will be the holylands estate kids. Little knackers the lot of them. "Ah sure they are just having a bit of fun" is what their parents would say.:rolleyes:

I think you will find that Holylands is beside Nutgrove not Tesco Rathfarnham but don't let the truth interfere with your bigoted opinions.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Actually got out and yelled at some kids for doing this last year as they cracked my windscreen as I was driving in a snowstorm with my kids.

Really, it's about kids not realising they could hurt someone.

I had this happen to me by the rathfarnham tesco, but didn't stop as the conditions wouldn't allow for it.

Where I grew up in Arkansas and in Boston where I lived for a decade this NEVER happened. Here it happens frequently.

Go figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Actually got out and yelled at some kids for doing this last year as they cracked my windscreen as I was driving in a snowstorm with my kids.

I had this happen to me by the rathfarnham tesco, but didn't stop as the conditions wouldn't allow for it.

Where I grew up in Arkansas and in Boston where I lived for a decade this NEVER happened. Here it happens frequently.

Go figure.

Nothing to go figure, so many young Irish are little more than wild savage animals dressed up in human clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

I grew up there, and we didn't do that in my day.

Visiting the mother on Tuesday I got pelted too, can't believe they did not take a window out.

Really annoying and dangerous. And terrifying.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Scumbags are scumbags, I remember this happening in the late 80s snows around Ballinteer. It's neither new nor socio-economic related. I heard the local scumbag kids were out on the footbridge at Foxrock church throwing snowballs at passing cars last Monday. :mad:

I'd recommend a call to the local Garda station. I've seen quite a few patrol cars out and about in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I think you will find that Holylands is beside Nutgrove not Tesco Rathfarnham but don't let the truth interfere with your bigoted opinions.

As long as someone is thinking of the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

It seems to be happening all over Dublin ATM! Kids are pelting the cars,busses etc out of it with snowballs, happened to me too..but what can you do? I can understand snowballs been thrown at cars but Not Car doors been open etc that sounds terrifing!:eek: When you stop and think about it this is only the second time that these kids have ever seen snow in their lifes! They could be doing alot worse in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

jubella wrote: »
    Something similar happened to a car in front of me today out near park west. It was actually quite scary, the little fcukers put tyres down on the road so the woman couldn't drive on, they were trying to open her doors, pelting snowballs at her, kicking in her door, and broke her mirrors, and they threw a tyre at her windscreen. They were screaming at her really aggressively too to open her doors. They let her go on eventually but god love the woman she must have been shaken. The lads couldn't have been more than about 14 though! Called the police, but didn't hang around. Hope something was done about it..
    Jesus! :eek::mad: little animals!

The rathfarnham types seem to be a relatively recent thing. There seems to have been a baby boom about 14 odd years ago and now there are a load of them hanging around. When it snows they hang out at the back of the village and use the slope facing the dodder for sledding and that roads a bugger for them pelting cars. Seems to be egging each other on to impress the large contingent of teenage girls that hang around with them. One of the them is sooner or later gonna get injured or killed. In the last snowfall in Jan I was driving that road and a few jumped out at me and no way could I stop, swerved/skidded around them but caught one little tard with the back end and knocked him flying. When the cops came they told me elements of this group cause them a lot of headaches. The kid was OK BTW, just one hell of a bruise. The cops up there do try to keep a presence around there to be fair to them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

The guards lashed them out of it on Tuesday night.
    There was about 20 of them perched behind the castle wall at the T Junction between the Yellow House and Rathfarnham Castle.
    Anytime traffic stopped the cars got obliterated.
    Anyone that thinks this is 'just kids playing' need some cop on. People were forced to drive erratically to avoid them and its only by chance there wasn't a crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Was driving past at about 3:30 and saw this. If it had been safe to stop I would have, but conditions were too bad. What I could'nt believe was adults passing by and saying nothing. Very stupid thing to do, its hard enough to drive without having to deal with that clown acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭WATPOAE

I remember throwing snowballs at buses when I was younger so I wasn't a saint.

But this new phenomenon of actually running up to people in their cars, opening the doors and hitting them full force in the face is definitely something we never did.

To be honest, we can all talk about lecturing their parents, ringing the cops, etc. but you know what, it won't do a thing.

My recommendation? If you actually catch one of them, smack the f**k out of him. If they want to take liberties like that, they should be prepared to take the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

WATPOAE wrote: »
    I remember throwing snowballs at buses when I was younger so I wasn't a saint.

But this new phenomenon of actually running up to people in their cars, opening the doors and hitting them full force in the face is definitely something we never did.

To be honest, we can all talk about lecturing their parents, ringing the cops, etc. but you know what, it won't do a thing.

My recommendation? If you actually catch one of them, smack the f**k out of him. If they want to take liberties like that, they should be prepared to take the consequences.

+1

and my OH laughs at me for driving with the doors always locked :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

On the Broadford Road just up from Nutgrove at the pedestrian entrance to Hillview estate there is a regular gang of about 40 'kids' throwing snowballs at passing cars. (This is right beside the entrance to Scoil Naithi).

They even have a fire going in an improvised metal bin like you'd see when there's a strike on. It's a brilliant ambush site as there is a pedestrian crossing here and all they have to do is press the light and they have about 12 stopped cars to pelt. God help anyone foolish enough to get out and remonstrate with them.

Well I have to walk past them :eek: and so far I've only had one snowball whistle past my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,583 ✭✭✭✭looksee

. double post

• Registered Users Posts: 28,583 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Water pistol...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Happens in Ballyfermot

The "brave" kids stand behind the fence in Markievicz Park so even if you wanted to give a deserved smack to the face, you'd be struggling to get over that fence. The park is locked at night and you'd easily injure yourself climbing it, sharp and pointy

It's snipers alley, pedestrians come down the footpath and so it starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭neris

we drove through darndale on the way home last night and the road through there has these little chicane type islands. Coming up to one and theres 2 kids on the road not moving car cant go anywhere except stop and next thing a load more little kanckers come down and throw snowballs at the window. hope one of the little knackers got milled over after us and is now having a nice rest in beaumont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

My OH was attacked by 7 teenagers yesterday. She was on her own carrying shopping, they followed her into the apt block (outer security gate is broken), into the feicin lift and set the alarms off for good measure.

She was quite shaken up by it. Ages between 10-14, 6 young fellas and a girl.

Surrounded her, screaming at her and trying to get snow down her back.

Having a great laugh I suppose :mad: She rang me in floods of tears. Little baste*ds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

My gf just txtd me ,hooligans jumped into the garden and kicked over and killed her snowman :mad: it's worse than haloween for the violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Yeah i too drove into Darndale last night and the little feckers had ice balls, not snow, more or less solid ice.

One then preceded to do a baseball style throw into the side of my car. Such a bang!

Would have gotten out and given him such a dig but that would risk me getting hit with their ammo or my car getting nicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

xTanyax wrote: »
    It seems to be happening all over Dublin ATM! Kids are pelting the cars,busses etc out of it with snowballs, happened to me too..but what can you do? I can understand snowballs been thrown at cars but Not Car doors been open etc that sounds terrifing!:eek: When you stop and think about it this is only the second time that these kids have ever seen snow in their lifes! They could be doing alot worse in my opinion.

They could be doing a lot worse, like what exactly??, is vandalising peoples' property and terrifying a lone driver not bad enough.
    Get real. And they are teenagers, not kids, and should know right from wrong at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

MilanPan!c wrote: »

Go figure.

they use bullets instead of snowballs overthere. Go figure:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Same happened around Superquinn Knocklyon area last year. Little sh1ts were out and would hang onto the back of cars and would surround cars and push them, so with the ice the cars would slide all over the place. Thankfully it didn't happen to me as I read it on boards here so avoided that Superquinn for all the bad weather in January, but there were some scary stories.

Although I was up there on Saturday and there was a tiny bit of snow / ice at that stage and the road was quite slippy. Some scumbags were already out pelting snowballs at some cars and walking in front of cars. Feckin idiots just walk out in front of people. Errr get out of my way you thick f**k!!! What happens in snow / ice? You can't brake! These feckin idiots.

What would happen if they got hit by a car because a car couldn't stop as the brakes wouldn't work coz of the ice? Yep, it would be all the driver's fault and the parents would be out going on about their amazing child who would never do any wrong. Yah it's parents like that that have caused these scumbags to come into society. Bit of parenting skills is needed for certain people in this country :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Although I was up there on Saturday and there was a tiny bit of snow / ice at that stage and the road was quite slippy. Some scumbags were already out pelting snowballs at some cars and walking in front of cars. Feckin idiots just walk out in front of people. Errr get out of my way you thick f**k!!! What happens in snow / ice? You can't brake! These feckin idiots.

There's some cúnts in the estate that I live in that keep doing this, walking right in front of cars so their mates can grab onto the back of the car like they're on a sled. This was at 10:30pm for fúck's sake, where the hell are their parents?! Do they have no sense of responsibility for the scumbags they created that the rest of us have to tolerate?! Argh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

+1

-1 Then the OP gets an assault rap while the scummers gets off scot free and probably launches a civil case for damages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Carl.Gustav

was a passenger in a car stopped at lights, standing beside lights was a groups of kids who proceded to pelt snowballs at the car, no other cars about so hopped out quick punch in the jaw to one - he drops, grab next by the scruff of the neck and bury his face in the snow, while hes down give him a sharp kick in the balls, others run off

feelsgoodman.jpg

Advertisement