Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnham snowballs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

A friend at work said he seen lots of kids throwing snowballs and opened a car door and hit a guy in the face.

However he quickly got out of the car with a baseball bat. A lot of them ran but he caught a few of them and hit them hard.

I'm not sure which side I'd take, was the guy with the bat correct or would you feel sorry for the kids.

I dunno it's a tough one.

I'm kinda happy a bit of justice was done(even though I know it's not right to hit anyone else), might teach them a lesson.

There is no real laws to protect people from teenagers in this Country so what else are we suppose to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

The little fcukers at Sandyford Hall need a good kicking as well (about 20 of them though)...

What really demonstrates how thick these idiots are is the fact they're pelting snowballs at people who are pulling into the car park - so you get a good chance to look at them and identify everyone of them. Them along with their parents need a good hiding imo.

In fairness they don't seem to be pelting snowballs at you when you get out of the car... But they're not shy to give you the fingers when their standing in front of the car - was so tempted to run a few of them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Keep a loaded paintball gun in your car and shoot at the legs of those agressive bastards, it really hurts when one gets hit. Although you really need to be a good paintball shooter so you don't accidentally hit a kid in his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Stinicker wrote: »
    -1 Then the OP gets an assault rap while the scummers gets off scot free and probably launches a civil case for damages.

You're just getting out to have a civil word with them about the dangers of throwing snowballs at cars. If they act violently, no one can blame the car driver for acting in self defense.

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Keep a loaded paintball gun in your car and shoot at the legs of those agressive bastards, it really hurts when one gets hit. Although you really need to be a good paintball shooter so you don't accidentally hit a kid in his face.

I've been tempted by this solution. What's the legality of keeping a paint gun in your car?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I think you will find that Holylands is beside Nutgrove not Tesco Rathfarnham but don't let the truth interfere with your bigoted opinions.

+1

was a passenger in a car stopped at lights, standing beside lights was a groups of kids who proceded to pelt snowballs at the car, no other cars about so hopped out quick punch in the jaw to one - he drops, grab next by the scruff of the neck and bury his face in the snow, while hes down give him a sharp kick in the balls, others run off

feelsgoodman.jpg

beating up kids,aren't you brave

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

We had a terrible time last night, the local scumbags targeted our house, they were walking right up to the windows and firing hard snowballs at full pelt.
    We ignored them for a while but they kept doing it harder and harder and we could hear them saying they were going to keep doing it till we came out.
    We rang the garda but we know they couldn't do a thing.
    We were upstairs watching the little ****es the whole time, we left it until the windows sounded like they were going to give way then the OH flew out the door, the little feckers obviously don't get enough exercise, the OH caught the main one and ****ed him out of it, the little knacker ended up crying in front of his friends as he was worried the OH was following him home.
    They didn't come back, I'm just hoping they don't come back tonight, the OH has mooted my idea of taking their runners when we catch them and telling them to get their parents to drop round for them, we'd probably get into trouble for it, I am considering running the hose through the house in case they start again tonight.
    Its just soul destroying, its the same little knackers all the time, I'm sure their parents wouldn't care less if we went around to them.

Ginny wrote: »
    We had a terrible time last night, the local scumbags targeted our house, they were walking right up to the windows and firing hard snowballs at full pelt.
    We ignored them for a while but they kept doing it harder and harder and we could hear them saying they were going to keep doing it till we came out.
    We were upstairs watching the little ****es the whole time, we left it until the windows sounded like they were going to give way then the OH flew out the door, the little feckers obviously don't get enough exercise, the OH caught the main one and ****ed him out of it, the little knacker ended up crying in front of his friends as he was worried the OH was following him home.
    They didn't come back, I'm just hoping they don't come back tonight, the OH has mooted my idea of taking their runners when we catch them and telling them to get their parents to drop round for them, we'd probably get into trouble for it, I am considering running the hose through the house in case they start again tonight.
    Its just soul destroying, its the same little knackers all the time, I'm sure their parents wouldn't care less if we went around to them.

after slapping him you can be sure they'll be back for revenge.or if their parents find out with a solicitor, that was a silly thing your oh did,legally he could be in trouble there..Id drag them to the garda station and let the professionals deal with it

where did I say he slapped him? Read my post again before jumping to stupid conclusions.

• Advertisement

AnneFrank wrote: »

The poor dears were just misunderstood, maybe if he had gotten out and gave them big hugs it would have helped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Don't be such an idiot, he was 100% doing the right thing. People like you are the problem, not the kids, you sh1t!

where did I say he slapped him? Read my post again before jumping to stupid conclusions.

****ed him out of it ?Obviously you meant the f word which is a tad crude but myfault for taking it up wrong.I still think that kid'll be back to take revenge,i know i would if some out of control man shouted in my face,they are kids after all.Drag them to their parents or bring them to the gardai,they'll get a great kick out of rising your husband now they know he flips,but next time they'll run and wont get caught,just my opinion

turbobaby wrote: »
    Don't be such an idiot, he was 100% doing the right thing. People like you are the problem, not the kids, you sh1t!

beating up a child is right ?i doubt you'd say that if it was your kid.If i was that childs father id sue him bigtime.Ring the gardai or bring the kid home and lash his parents out of it,hitting a child leaves you wide open to a libel case.Your the idiot

The poor dears were just misunderstood, maybe if he had gotten out and gave them big hugs it would have helped?

there is a difference between throwing a snowball and beating up a child thats half your size,If a woman his own size threw a snowball would it be ok for him to beat her up too by your logic ?

beating up a child is right ?i doubt you'd say that if it was your kid.If i was that childs father id sue him bigtime.Ring the gardai or bring the kid home and lash his parents out of it,hitting a child leaves you wide open to a libel case.Your the idiot

If you were one of those delinquent kids father, you'd be a sorry excuse for a father. No one is talking about "beating up" children either. Just giving these savage little animals a little clip behind the ear.

Ah cop yourself on,we rang the garda, they didn't bother coming out.
    So people are supposed to sit back and take it while their property gets destroyed?
    And dragging the "kids" back to their non caring parent or garda would help?
    1)It would probably physical abuse to drag the "kid" back to their house
    2) The garda station is not reachable by foot, so it would essentially be false imprisoning a "kid" to the station.

They're not just "kids" they're teenagers and well know right from wrong and maybe someone actually standing up to them for once in their lives will make them cop on for once.

there is a difference between throwing a snowball and beating up a child thats half your size,If a woman his own size threw a snowball would it be ok for him to beat her up too by your logic ?

What if the sun exploded tomorrow? You're just making up ridiculous hypothetical situations now to desperately try and make a point. We are talking about little animals surrounding cars and trying to drag the occupants out. Stop trying to paint it as some cuddly little rascals having some fun. As I indicated no one here has mentioned leaving these animals unconscious and in a pool of their own blood on the ground. Nothing wrong with giving them a smack though since their brains are too undeveloped to respond to reasoned argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

It's alright for you. They can't even find where you live with your hidden rooms :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

Do you really think you'd be able to bring one of these so called Kids home?

Try getting out of your car and doing that and see how far you get.

A lot of them are causing a lot of people hardship, and are quite frankly highly dangerous.

And they are also completely above the law as there is nothing the Guards can do.

Unfortunetly when there is a group runing wild, causing trouble to ordinary folk, what are we suppost to do, just put up with it?

It's no wonder a few people will loss the plot and give them a good hiding, as for some it's the only punishment they will ever recieve.

I like to see justice done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

As I get older and I see more and more scumbags getting away with more and more anti social behavior. I have to say that my views are becoming more right wing. I think severe beatings are the only way to deal with scumbags, there is always a ring leader, find them and hurt them and entire localities will become nicer places to live.

I speak in the hypothetical though, the law is the law and unfortunately if you lay a finger on one, you're fecked and they know it.

I was a little scumbag once, used to have great fun wrecking hay bails on a local farmer. Got caught once and got the **** kicked out of me. I learned a valuable lesson about boundries, none of us went near that farmer again. I told my dad and got no sympathy, just a good clip around the ear.

I'm getting all misty eyed and nostalgic!

But I digress, I'm posting because I got pelted at the Tesco in Rathfarnham too, avoid that area if you can.

respond to reasoned argument.[/QUOTE]</p>
    Like you, you mean,If i was their father !! ha ha good argument pal,If you hit a child your wide open to trouble thats what i said,the poster said he floored one,not clipping him around the ear.But if thats what you want to do go ahead and suffer the consequences,And Ginny,your original post said kids not teenagers,i still think they'll be back,and ask yourself this,why did they go for your house ?why did they say they'd wait ?I would imagine they know you or your oh is someone who flips and thought it would be funny to watch them lose the rag,and you proved it,they'll be back

It's alright for you. They can't even find where you live with your hidden rooms :rolleyes:

Attic my man attic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Attic my man attic :)

Annex ;)

@Anne Frank. What planet do you live on?

Terrlock wrote: »
    Do you really think you'd be able to bring one of these so called Kids home?

Try getting out of your car and doing that and see how far you get.

A lot of them are causing a lot of people hardship, and are quite frankly highly dangerous.

And they are also completely above the law as there is nothing the Guards can do.

Unfortunetly when there is a group runing wild, causing trouble to ordinary folk, what are we suppost to do, just put up with it?

It's no wonder a few people will loss the plot and give them a good hiding, as for some it's the only punishment they will ever recieve.

I like to see justice done.

would you be silly enough to hit someone elses child ?I doubt it mate thats the point i'm making,you'd be sued,all this bravado talk is nonsense

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Annex ;)

@Anne Frank. What planet do you live on?

I live in Rathfarnham where i throw snowballs at cars !!

respond to reasoned argument.
    </p>
    Like you, you mean,If i was their father !! ha ha good argument pal,If you hit a child your wide open to trouble thats what i said,the poster said he floored one,not clipping him around the ear.But if thats what you want to do go ahead and suffer the consequences,And Ginny,your original post said kids not teenagers,i still think they'll be back,and ask yourself this,why did they go for your house ?why did they say they'd wait ?I would imagine they know you or your oh is someone who flips and thought it would be funny to watch them lose the rag,and you proved it,they'll be back[/QUOTE]

It's unfortunate, but people with attitudes like yours are enablers for these delinquents.

So at what point would you stand up for yourself and your community? Would you die for these "children"?

</p>
    Like you, you mean,If i was their father !! ha ha good argument pal,If you hit a child your wide open to trouble thats what i said,the poster said he floored one,not clipping him around the ear.But if thats what you want to do go ahead and suffer the consequences,And Ginny,your original post said kids not teenagers,i still think they'll be back,and ask yourself this,why did they go for your house ?why did they say they'd wait ?I would imagine they know you or your oh is someone who flips and thought it would be funny to watch them lose the rag,and you proved it,they'll be back

It's unfortunate, but people with attitudes like yours are enablers for these delinquents.

So at what point would you stand up for yourself and your community? Would you die for these "children"?[/QUOTE]

you sound more like a child than the ones in rathfarnham !Ive given my view which is the point of boards in case you have forgotten !Beat them up by all means and see what happens,i suspect you would never dream of doing such a thing yourself because you realise there would be consequences.It's all bravado talk from behind a computer screen.The snow will be gone in a couple of days why not just avoid that road until then,and yes i know the area so it's possible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If they come back, a hose is a good idea or since you could watch them from your uptairs window, maybe have a bucket of water ready?

• Advertisement

you sound more like a child than the ones in rathfarnham !Ive given my view which is the point of boards in case you have forgotten !Beat them up by all means and see what happens,i suspect you would never dream of doing such a thing yourself because you realise there would be consequences.It's all bravado talk from behind a computer screen.The snow will be gone in a couple of days why not just avoid that road until then,and yes i know the area so it's possible

The context of my viewpoint is that I have my wife and two young daughters in the car with me most of the time. So it''s not really bravado talk. I have to consider the consequences of one of their iceballs going straight through one of the windows and injuring a member of my family. You probably don't have a wife & children to worry about yourself.

By the way I don't live there, I am speaking about the country generally. Where I live my car has been hit by snowball throwing animals as well. Your talk of avoiding this particular area fits nicely with my theory that people like you are enablers for these criminals.

Advertisement