Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnham snowballs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

AnneFrank wrote: »
    respond to reasoned argument.
    </p>
    Like you, you mean,If i was their father !! ha ha good argument pal,If you hit a child your wide open to trouble thats what i said,the poster said he floored one,not clipping him around the ear.But if thats what you want to do go ahead and suffer the consequences,And Ginny,your original post said kids not teenagers,i still think they'll be back,and ask yourself this,why did they go for your house ?why did they say they'd wait ?I would imagine they know you or your oh is someone who flips and thought it would be funny to watch them lose the rag,and you proved it,they'll be back[/QUOTE]

Wow, blaming the victims of little scumbags, well done.
    And then throwing around accusations that people who don't stand for this crap are enablers?
    Double points. Unreal.
    Those kids/teens sound like generic scum roaming around Ireland, about time someone stood up to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

The context of my viewpoint is that I have my wife and two young daughters in the car with me most of the time. So it''s not really bravado talk. I have to consider the consequences of one of their iceballs going straight through one of the windows and injuring a member of my family. You probably don't have a wife & children to worry about yourself.

By the way I don't live there, I am speaking about the country generally. Where I live my car has been hit by snowball throwing animals as well. Your talk of avoiding this particular area fits nicely with my theory that people like you are enablers for these criminals.

It's funny how presumptious you are,Yes i have a family for your information.How possible is it a snowball will break a window and hurt someone in the car,your seriously getting carried away with yourself pal.Having read some of your previous posts regarding your precious audi i suspect it is a class thing here,these children not in the same class as you sir is that the case ?and you avoided my question nicely,have you ever got out and hit someone elses child ????????????no of course you havent but your trying to wind other people up to do so.Cowardly in my opinion.If one of your girls one day acted totally out of character for whatever reason and threw a snowball at a car and someone got out and punched her would you think that was acceptable ???Get a grip you'd flip just like i and any other father would,Bs is all i can read from you sir.

Nerin wrote: »
    </p>
    Like you, you mean,If i was their father !! ha ha good argument pal,If you hit a child your wide open to trouble thats what i said,the poster said he floored one,not clipping him around the ear.But if thats what you want to do go ahead and suffer the consequences,And Ginny,your original post said kids not teenagers,i still think they'll be back,and ask yourself this,why did they go for your house ?why did they say they'd wait ?I would imagine they know you or your oh is someone who flips and thought it would be funny to watch them lose the rag,and you proved it,they'll be back

Wow, blaming the victims of little scumbags, well done.
    And then throwing around accusations that people who don't stand for this crap are enablers?
    Double points. Unreal.
    Those kids/teens sound like generic scum roaming around Ireland, about time someone stood up to them.[/QUOTE]

where did i once mention that people who don't stand for this are enablers ??

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Stop feeding the troll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

It's funny how presumptious you are,Yes i have a family for your information.How possible is it a snowball will break a window and hurt someone in the car,your seriously getting carried away with yourself pal.Having read some of your previous posts regarding your precious audi i suspect it is a class thing here,these children not in the same class as you sir is that the case ?and you avoided my question nicely,have you ever got out and hit someone elses child ????????????no of course you havent but your trying to wind other people up to do so.Cowardly in my opinion.If one of your girls one day acted totally out of character for whatever reason and threw a snowball at a car and someone got out and punched her would you think that was acceptable ???Get a grip you'd flip just like i and any other father would,Bs is all i can read from you sir.

Not for snowballs yet. For climbing on top of an ESB box near the entrance of my estate and plastering my car and others with eggs, this I have gotten out and confronted the group. I caught one and had a few words with him, he actually apologised so I felt no need to take it further with him. If kids surrounded my car and tried to drag me or a passenger out, then I would get serious.

As for my car, it is a 10 year old (in 1 month more it will be 11 years old) Audi. I bought it less than two years ago for 7K. I don't think that puts me in some kind of special class :rolleyes: How could it break my window? As time progresses the snow turns more into hard ice crystals. These iceballs are significantly heavier and harder than snowballs made from fresh snow. A cars front windscreen is reinforced, side windows are just ordinary glass.

Like I said avoiding/ignoring crime doesn't mean it isn't happening. It's just cowardly and enables criminals to do what they do even more effectively.

* I suppose I should add for your benefit (everyone else seems to understand this) that myself and all other posters here that I can see are talking about medium to large gangs of teenage animals roaming around and attacking people/cars en masse. Yesterday I had a single kid in Lucan throw a snowball at my car. I didn't like it, but neither did I feel the need to get out and have words with him. One or two kids acting stupid isn't worth my time. My concern is and always has been when they congregate in gangs and start to do stuff like trying to drag drivers out of cars - as has been reported on this forum.

How much easier is it to drag someone out of their car in an area that all the good people avoid? Seems like it would be easier to me as there would be no one around to help the innocent victim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Wibbs wrote: »
    Seems to be egging each other on to impress the large contingent of teenage girls that hang around with them.

A large contingent of impressionable teenage girls? I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

Carolyyn wrote: »
    They could be doing a lot worse, like what exactly??, is vandalising peoples' property and terrifying a lone driver not bad enough.
    Get real. And they are teenagers, not kids, and should know right from wrong at this stage.

Of course I dont agree with drivers been attacked!! Thats sounds terrifying as i said in my post. As for what worse they could be doing just use your imagination! As you said their teenagers not kids. Nearly everday of the week there's shootings, murders, muggings, hijackings etc by teenagers. In my area there only kids thrown snowballs at cars. No trying to open car doors and terrifying people. Nothing devious like putting stones inside the snowballs etc.. either.

As for these brats trying to open peoples car doors that is awful! That's a totally different story than just thrown snowballs.

Not for snowballs yet. For climbing on top of an ESB box near the entrance of my estate and plastering my car and others with eggs, this I have gotten out and confronted the group. I caught one and had a few words with him, he actually apologised so I felt no need to take it further with him. If kids surrounded my car and tried to drag me or a passenger out, then I would get serious.

As for my car, it is a 10 year old (in 1 month more it will be 11 years old) Audi. I bought it less than two years ago for 7K. I don't think that puts me in some kind of special class :rolleyes: How could it break my window? As time progresses the snow turns more into hard ice crystals. These iceballs are significantly heavier and harder than snowballs made from fresh snow. A cars front windscreen is reinforced, side windows are just ordinary glass.

Like I said avoiding/ignoring crime doesn't mean it isn't happening. It's just cowardly and enables criminals to do what they do even more effectively.

* I suppose I should add for your benefit (everyone else seems to understand this) that myself and all other posters here that I can see are talking about medium to large gangs of teenage animals roaming around and attacking people/cars en masse. Yesterday I had a single kid in Lucan throw a snowball at my car. I didn't like it, but neither did I feel the need to get out and have words with him. One or two kids acting stupid isn't worth my time. My concern is and always has been when they congregate in gangs and start to do stuff like trying to drag drivers out of cars - as has been reported on this forum.

How much easier is it to drag someone out of their car in an area that all the good people avoid? Seems like it would be easier to me as there would be no one around to help the innocent victim.

fair enough if your only talking about gangs taking people out of cars id agree with you then,funny though that you didnt hit the kid throwing eggs but spoke to them and resolved it that way,

xTanyax wrote: »
    Of course I dont agree with drivers been attacked!! Thats sounds terrifying as i said in my post. As for what worse they could be doing just use your imagination! As you said their teenagers not kids. Nearly everday of the week there's shootings, murders, muggings, hijackings etc by teenagers. In my area there only kids thrown snowballs at cars. No trying to open car doors and terrifying people. Nothing devious like putting stones inside the snowballs etc.. either.

As for these brats trying to open peoples car doors that is awful! That's a totally different story than just thrown snowballs.

totally agree Tanya

fair enough if your only talking about gangs taking people out of cars id agree with you then,funny though that you didnt hit the kid throwing eggs but spoke to them and resolved it that way,

Talking is better than violence. I would always do my best to avoid violence as I am a fairly passive person. My point is they need to be confronted or else they become emboldened to step up their illegal activities. One day they're a gang throwing snowballs at passing cars, next day after no one confronted them they're a gang trying to drag people from cars. If you want to talk about teenagers, then lets just face the fact that teenagers like to push the limits of authority. You have to have a firm limit, this far and no further! or else they'll just keep going.

I was a teenager once and I can honestly say I don't remember kids in my day (which really wasn't that long ago) doing the kind of stuff these like animals get up to these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

On Wednesday night I was driving on the Ballybough road and conditions were very bad, cars were skidding like they were driving on oil. A load of mid-teen future dole warriors were pelting every car in site with snowballs. The chinese family in the car in front of me got a lot of attention from the gangs of hoodies. I got off lucky as i didn't get hit at all. 2 cars ahead of me there is a German truck pulling a large trailer, the driver is obviously well used to driving in inclement weather and is doing very well. The road splits into 2 lanes after the canal bridge and I end up directly behind the truck about 15 feet back as i like to keep as safe a distance as possible and we're approaching the lights at Clonliffe road. The little apples of their parents eyes run up to the back of the trailer and are able to open the back. There is assorted boxes and goods in the back and they steal 2 old bikes and a load of boxes fall on the ground. The little muppets try to cycle off on their spoils but they are very old bikes and they don't get very far. The driver and his mate get out of the cab and are immediatly pelted by snowballs. I had to over take the stopped truck at this point so I didn't see what happened. the worst thing is that there were 2 coppers at the lights 30 feet away watching the whole thing and they did nothing.
    Assault with a snowball should be classed as assault. if someone pelted you with rocks or even fruit it is classed as assault, but if it is a snowball, it is just "high spirits" Madness:mad:

MajorMax wrote: »
    On Wednesday night I was driving on the Ballybough road and conditions were very bad, cars were skidding like they were driving on oil. A load of mid-teen future dole warriors were pelting every car in site with snowballs. The chinese family in the car in front of me got a lot of attention from the gangs of hoodies. I got off lucky as i didn't get hit at all. 2 cars ahead of me there is a German truck pulling a large trailer, the driver is obviously well used to driving in inclement weather and is doing very well. The road splits into 2 lanes after the canal bridge and I end up directly behind the truck about 15 feet back as i like to keep as safe a distance as possible and we're approaching the lights at Clonliffe road. The little apples of their parents eyes run up to the back of the trailer and are able to open the back. There is assorted boxes and goods in the back and they steal 2 old bikes and a load of boxes fall on the ground. The little muppets try to cycle off on their spoils but they are very old bikes and they don't get very far. The driver and his mate get out of the cab and are immediatly pelted by snowballs. I had to over take the stopped truck at this point so I didn't see what happened. the worst thing is that there were 2 coppers at the lights 30 feet away watching the whole thing and they did nothing.
    Assault with a snowball should be classed as assault. if someone pelted you with rocks or even fruit it is classed as assault, but if it is a snowball, it is just "high spirits" Madness:mad:

Interesting about the Chinese... When I was in Lucan the other day and had one or two snowballs thrown at my car. The snowball throwers let the car in front of me go by without incident but did throw at my car. I had my motherinlaw in the front passenger seat and she is Chinese. I have gone out for walks with my wife before and had scumbag kids in gangs start shouting at her orders for "fried lice". All laughing hysterically thinking it was great fun. My wife works in IT so she didn't think it was funny. If these snowball throwers start targeting foreigners in particular, it just goes to show how subhuman they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Another episode in the 'Ham today.

Female OAP in a Yaris leaving Tesco surrounded by around 12 scumbags pelting her car out of it.
    Poor woman just froze in sheer horror and put her hands up over her head which resulted in blocking traffic and added to the old dear's panic.

Obviously the lads were just having a laugh AnneFrank?
    If they're big enough to dish out a horrifying experience like that they're liable to get one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

This thread makes me so feckin angry :mad: :mad: :mad:

WTF is wrong with people? These feckin scumbags should be locked up in a room and then the general public just fire snowballs at them from a short range. See how they like it then. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i had my snowman broken twice,im so angry ..the work i put in,it is always like this,last yr in snow they broke the snowman too :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

ayumi wrote: »
    i had my snowman broken twice,im so angry ..the work i put in,it is always like this,last yr in snow they broke the snowman too :mad:

No point in reporting it to the Police, so it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Stinicker wrote: »
    No point in reporting it to the Police, so it seems.
    its not that I want to tell the police but its soo annoying when your making it and alll the hardwork you put in and they look at you ,then when you go inside the come and break it ,it has happened to me since I came here 10 years agos

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's everywhere - passing by Hilton Kilmainham tonight, lads on the road pelting a 68 bus with snowballs...until an unmarked Garda car came along and all the brave boys all ran away, awww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Zamboni wrote: »
    Another episode in the 'Ham today.

Female OAP in a Yaris leaving Tesco surrounded by around 12 scumbags pelting her car out of it.
    Poor woman just froze in sheer horror and put her hands up over her head which resulted in blocking traffic and added to the old dear's panic.

Obviously the lads were just having a laugh AnneFrank?
    If they're big enough to dish out a horrifying experience like that they're liable to get one back.
    Do you mean Rathfarnham Shopping centre, as opposed to Nutgrove Shopping centre? Were there no adults around to stop this? I'm asking because I live in the area and would be surprised no one stepped it. I would have! And I think a few other here would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭wasabi

I walked down the south side Oliver Bond street on way to pub earlier tonight, a gang of lads on the north side tried to pelt me with snowballs. Not one hit - just turned around, laughed at their lack of ability to hit a barn door, and sauntered off. Few snowballs being thrown at the Luas on the way home, too.

Some of the other stories in this thread are pretty bad though. Really, to throw snowballs at a person or vehicle is assault and we shouldn't condone it and nor should the Gardai if it's reported. Getting worse too with the snow freezing and becoming denser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement