Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cable problems

• 02-12-2010 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey, on then 8mb UPC package at the moment in dublin 15, currently getting some pretty random disconnections. The modem seems to just stop working at random times and can't right itself even after a reboot and need to leave it off for like half an hour and then it usually starts back up. it's pretty old now, like 3 or 4 years if not more so maybe that's something to do with it?

First time it happened was during some bad weather a few weeks ago. We have bad snow now, but i dont think this is a problem as during the last bad weather UPC had a recorded message when you called them saying weather was an issue.

As far as I can recall, it has always been a bit ify, have to do a restart now and then but nothing more. This latest set of problems is really frustrating.

I'm a poker player, so as you can imagine I don't need long-lasting disconnections at random times.
    Was thinking of switch to digiweb, i've got a phone line in my room here, and it would be a separate connection from the rest of the family. But i think i would have to pay rental fees of like 25 a month on top of the 30 a month or so that they already charge? Also heard some bad reviews about their support and service.

Anyone else on UPC in dublin15 area? Any problems?

Advertisement