Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else seem to go into a daze and hear sounds?

Options
  • 02-12-2010 5:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

It is hard to describe. You think you hear a sound, actually you "do", but you come back to full alertness and think back on it.

For example today I thought I heard a person breathing heavily in my doorway (there was no one there) but then I came to be and then I knew I heard it. Does anyone else get this sensation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You think it's more likely that this is something paranormal, or a mundane feature of your body/brain/sensory organs? Really, like...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont really understand what you mean, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 GrahamR1980

Happens now and then to me,

Supposedly the beginning of developing clairaudience, you go into a quick 'trance' have a quick communication with a spirit/guide then get a shock that you are actually hearing a spirit/guide and then flash back to 'reality' but still have a memory of it. all happens VERY quick, maybe not even a second to start off with.

To develop it just 'stare out' and quiet the mind and ask for communication... but try not to anticipate it too much as this will block it.

OR you have just swallowed air into your eustation tubes in your ears and its just air escaping which sounds different cause it coming from within your head.

Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

I've had some thing similar happen to me in 2010, only ever happened once and have no idea what it was.....but it wasn't breathing i heard...Basically when i walked into a room (no one else in the house) it was as if i stepped into some thing.. i knew where i was, nothing changed in the room it was just a sensation and sound which reverberated around me....this is difficult to explain....like a swirling sound like wind going around the room in circles, yet there was no wind it just sounded like there was., and a funny sound with it which was close to my ears, it felt like it was happening around the whole room, going around in circles for about 30 or 40 seconds really quickly....i dont know how to describe the sound at my ears.....

Gosh i havent done a good job at explaining this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Daydreaming doesn't stop at visuals. When one goes into a daze anything from memory can be recalled vividly and spontaineously be it a sound, a smell, or whatever; in fact, sound is the most common recollection to occur in a daze. It is also not uncommon for one in a daze to experience the sound of their own breath as an external sound because of lack of concentration. Completely normal and not something to get worried or excited about rest assured.

• Advertisement
Advertisement