Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Diesel

• 02-12-2010 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Please can someone give us an idea of the price of diesel in ROI? Does it vary from one garage to another, as it does here in Wales? We will be over there in less than 2 weeks now and would just like an idea of what to expect!! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Gypsyrose wrote: »
    Please can someone give us an idea of the price of diesel in ROI? Does it vary from one garage to another, as it does here in Wales? We will be over there in less than 2 weeks now and would just like an idea of what to expect!! Thanks!

Think it's cheaper here about €1.25 a ltr http://www.pumps.ie/

Varies a bit by about 3 cetns, so keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Gypsyrose

Thanks!! About the same price, I think? Going up all the time though?!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Make sure you bring a full bottle of gas with you (or even 2), Propane of course for current temperatures! You are aware that Irish gas bottles have different adaptors/regulators than UK ones?

I wasn't aware, no!! Good point though, but we are fortunate enough to have a gas tank on our Hymer and we filled it recently. Thank you, we could have had problems and reading this may help someone else.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

gypsyrose
    keep us updated on your locations and experiences when you get here
    will follow your progress with interest
    safe travels
    cheers :cool:
    meercat

• Advertisement

Thanks, will try my best to keep you up to date on our adventures!! Only have mobile internet though and can't use it too often!! It's vmc lite vodafone, good but expensive. I do have a UBI surfer too, however, bit slow but get there in the end!!! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

The price of diesel like petrol in ROI varies considerably, recently seen it from 119.9 to 128.9/l and considering thats 9c/l and you are buying say 60 liters there is a saving of 5.40€ to be made, add that to your car running cost and it amounts to a considerable sum in a year
    Enjoy your trip over this way;)

Advertisement